cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get paid- local funds

Highlighted
Jasper P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1 of 6

may get paid local funds method says that my account is IN ACTIVE..

The history of it is I work before on a fast food chain and its requird to get our salary in a ATM card and the company provided it.. I am not working on that company before but the ATM card is on me. I tried to test it through ATM machine and its still working Why that my Upwork accound get paid say's IN ACTIVE what does it mean?

2nd question.

What must I do to Add my spouse bank account as my get paid method?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

First of all, when did you add your account? It takes 3 days for a newly added account to become active.

Secondly, is it a proper bank account, and in your own name? If not, you can not use it to withdraw any funds.

Thirdly, have you completed your tax details? Without them on file you can't withdraw funds.

Lastly, you can not add your spouse's bank account. The bank account you add must be yours, and in your own, legal name exactly matching your Upwork account name.

Highlighted
3 of 6

I Add it more a week ago and yes its my personal detail but no movement after I resigned on my job 10 months ago.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

have you completed your tax details? You must complete your tax details before your withdrawal method becomes active.

Also, is the ACCOUNT in your name, not just the card?

Highlighted
5 of 6

awhh sorry my bad.

Highlighted
Harizza O Member Since: May 6, 2015
6 of 6

When setting-up the LFT, be sure that you enter your Account Number and NOT the ATM card number indicated on the front of your ATM card.

The account has to be in your name which has to match the name on your Upwork account.

The BRSTN is that of the head office, not the BRSTN of the branch where your account is linked. Here's the list of BRSTN codes: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063868-What-are-Filipino-BRSTN-codes-

And you mentioned that your ATM was company-provided for payroll purposes. Usually, those accounts have restrictions as to deposits, and since payments received through Upwork are considered remittances, then most likely your ATM account is not set-up to accept remittances.

You can easily open a BDO Kabayan account which has no maintaining balance, comes with passbook and ATM, and Php200 initial fee for the peso account. When you withdraw your Upwork funds on a Wednesday, it's usually available on BDO on Thurday afternoon.

Or check out the other banks listed on the link above for whichever branch would be nearest your location and inquire as to the requirements for opening an account for remittances.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS