🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: get paid
Page options
anouar_hd
Community Member

get paid

hi !!

i got new job from a client who has a verified payement !! with 2 open contracts and i already finnished my job!!

and btw my client is new to this platform because he didn't paye or get any feedbacks befor

so how can u know if your client payed you (i know that u need more than 1 week to get payed) but still i don't know if he guna paye me or not

thank you for reading this post and waiting for answer

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anouar H wrote:

yes it is on my job page and here is a screenshot

So it is an hourly contract and you logged your time.

Your client will be charged on Monday and will then have until next Friday to review. Saturday next week the funds will move into "Pending" and then finally to "Available" on the Wednesday after, the normal billing cycle for hourly jobs in other words.

Read more about it here.

The client does not have to do anything as far as payment is concerned. He will be charged automatically.

When the client is happy that the work is done, he can just end the contract and will leave feedback during the process of closing the contract. No need to ask the client to leave feedback, the client has to leave feedback when he closes the contract.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
michael_skaggs
Community Member

You should probably go back through the "Getting Started For Freelancers" page again, and pay special attention to the segments on getting paid. They tell you exactly how the process works.

I got the email below today from Upwork, but when I went to my Settings to request that money, my balance was $0.  For 20% of my payment, Upwork can do better than this.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Sarah,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that the client has already released the payment to you. Currently, the funds are pending and you can check them here. The date as to when the funds will be available for withdrawal is also indicated. When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks Michael, your response did not help.

petra_r
Community Member

Anouar H wrote:

hi !!

i got new job from a client who has a verified payement !! with 2 open contracts and i already finnished my job!!

and btw my client is new to this platform because he didn't paye or get any feedbacks befor

so how can u know if your client payed you (i know that u need more than 1 week to get payed) but still i don't know if he guna paye me or not

thank you for reading this post and waiting for answer

Is the job on your My Jobs Page? 

Is it hourly or fixed rate?

Can you see the payment on your My Reports > Overview Page? 

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Anouar H wrote:

So it is an hourly contract and you logged your time.

Your client will be charged on Monday and will then have until next Friday to review. Saturday next week the funds will move into "Pending" and then finally to "Available" on the Wednesday after, the normal billing cycle for hourly jobs in other words.

Read more about it here.

The client does not have to do anything as far as payment is concerned. He will be charged automatically.

When the client is happy that the work is done, he can just end the contract and will leave feedback during the process of closing the contract. No need to ask the client to leave feedback, the client has to leave feedback when he closes the contract.

Hello,

Recently I completed a job of 15$ but it's not showing in my "Get Paid" section so how can I withdraw my payment.

Hi Muhammad Waleed,

When a client releases a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period, and will show under the Pending tab of your Overview page (Reports > Overview). During the 5-day security period, it gives the system time to process and clear the payments. Please read this article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths