🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » get paid
Page options
5daf8477
Community Member

get paid

Hello, I'm new freelancer who works as a writer. Couple of days ago, I took an offer to write 3 articles and I got paid 48$ for it. Yesterday, I got an offer pretty much the same, the only difference is that the client here is a blogger. The terms was that he's going to pay 5$ per aticle for this job, and if he liked the work we'll make a long term deal where I'll be getting a monthly salary. My question is How much should I ask to get paid per month? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dhia B wrote:
Is it appropriate to ask for it? Or it'll just ruins the "partnership" as the client may see it a disrespect, lack of confidence in his proficiency..

The best way to do it is to ask the client to end the contract after the work is finished. Since you are new, I see nothing wrong in asking the client to provide feedback, but the thing is, he already received an email that the contract was ended, so he knows that. But you can send a friendly reminder, one time, and hope for the best. 

But these are typical tactical mistakes that newbies make, and you should educate yourself more now so that you don't do these things again. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Dhia B wrote:

Hello, I'm new freelancer who works as a writer. Couple of days ago, I took an offer to write 3 articles and I got paid 48$ for it. Yesterday, I got an offer pretty much the same, the only difference is that the client here is a blogger. The terms was that he's going to pay 5$ per aticle for this job, and if he liked the work we'll make a long term deal where I'll be getting a monthly salary. My question is How much should I ask to get paid per month? 

No idea. Who hires a blog writer on a full-time basis? 

More importantly, are you ending your jobs yourself? Don't do that. You will not receive feedback this way, and you need feedback if you want to grow your career here. 

I thought that when I close a contract (after successfully completing it) and I give feedback to the client, I'll receive feedback from him in return too.

Dhia B wrote:
I thought that when I close a contract (after successfully completing it) and I give feedback to the client, I'll receive feedback from him in return too.

In theory, yes. But clients are not as obsessed about giving feedback as freelancers are, and forget or don't care. It's always better to let the client end the contract, and not do it yourself.

Is it appropriate to ask for it? Or it'll just ruins the "partnership" as the client may see it a disrespect, lack of confidence in his proficiency..

Dhia B wrote:

The best way to do it is to ask the client to end the contract after the work is finished. Since you are new, I see nothing wrong in asking the client to provide feedback, but the thing is, he already received an email that the contract was ended, so he knows that. But you can send a friendly reminder, one time, and hope for the best. 

But these are typical tactical mistakes that newbies make, and you should educate yourself more now so that you don't do these things again. 

roberty1y
Community Member

I don't see why you should drop to $5 per article if you've already done three for $48 total. My suggestion would be to hold out for a job with better pay. 

I'd be wary of this promise of a regularly paid job if you do the article for $5. A lot of people make promises like that just to get people to do a job for low pay. There's a good chance you'll never hear from the client again once you've done the $5 job. As Martina says, people don't normally hire bloggers on a full-time basis.

I understand that now. The bright side is that I learned this soon and from my first days. But where can I find and learn about paid jobs? So I can how much to charge for each work

Dhia B wrote:
I understand that now. The bright side is that I learned this soon and from my first days. But where can I find and learn about paid jobs? So I can how much to charge for each work

You should have some general idea what service you provide and what to charge for it before starting on a platform like this. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths