🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » getting a new job is not easy
Page options
makimari
Community Member

getting a new job is not easy

I am a top rated freelancer, and I am glad about this, but in any case, getting a new job is not very easy. I buy and buy connections, but ... Sometimes I think it makes no sense, maybe I should find another platform? But I spent a lot of time here and officially completed 30 projects. I do not know that I can do more.

3 REPLIES 3
pudingstudio
Community Member

Mariam S wrote:

I am a top rated freelancer, and I am glad about this, but in any case, getting a new job is not very easy. I buy and buy connections, but ... Sometimes I think it makes no sense, maybe I should find another platform? But I spent a lot of time here and officially completed 30 projects. I do not know that I can do more.

You don't have to pick ONE platform.

You are allowed to have income from multiple places.

Invest part of your time in those other platforms, there is no downside.

joansands
Community Member

Mariam - Maybe you should improve your profile.

Joan - you do as you recommend.  Nice profile. You folks with editor DNA are so much better at writing succinctly.  One would think I got paid by the word when I wrote mine.  (lol...)

Miriam - you are obviously a stellar producer once you get hired.  Consider devoting 10 hours, or 20, or 30 to the build-up of your profile and portfolio.   I have more than 70 hours of work time placed into my profile and portfolio build-up.  And, I did that work with a simple and pure mindset: to make it as hard as possible for a competitor for the project win to outgun me -- from second one, word one of the profile comparisons.  A competitor's mindset, pure and simple.

And besides, it would take 5 to 10 hours to get situated on another platform with a strong profile and portfolio.  Perhaps now is the time to maximize your competitive strength and focus it in like a laser in your profile and portfolio.  Show power.  Show confidence.  Show control of your business environment. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members