🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » getting feedback
Page options
szek
Community Member

getting feedback

I get jobs, complete then successfully & get paid but getting the client to give feedback seems like pulling teeth, how do I encourage clients to leave feedback - I do it straight away.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Paul M wrote:

I get jobs, complete then successfully & get paid but getting the client to give feedback seems like pulling teeth, how do I encourage clients to leave feedback - I do it straight away.

If feedback is important to you, avoid being the party who closes the contract. Encourage the client to close the contract once the work is completely done.

If you close the contract, the client can leave feedback, but doesn't have to. If the client closes the contract, the client has to leave feedback (there is no choice, the party closing the contract must leave feedback)

melikee
Community Member

You can kindly ask your client to close the contract if he/she does not need any additional work so they will need to leave feedback.
Some of my clients did not know how to close the contract so I was showing them how to do that. 
Sometimes clients are not sure if they will need additional work or not, and they disappear once the work is complete. In these cases, I wait for 1-2 weeks, then kindly ask them to close the contract as their feedback is important and let them know we can start another contract whenever they need my services again. Sometimes they see my msg after weeks but come back and close the contract with feedback.
Forcing the clients to leave good feedback is against ToS but telling them you'd appreciate it if they have a few minutes to give you feedback with a brief review is not. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members