🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » getting paid
Page options
e0a9d5ee
Community Member

getting paid

Hey

I would like to get the contracts frorm 2 jobs that I have already done, I mailed the client with no answer.
What am i supposed to do now?
those are the 2 projects
Could you please send me the contracts for the 2 following finished transcriptions
**edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
sjbercot
Community Member

Please don't ever work without contracts in place. You have no guarantee of being paid if you have submitted the work without being offered a contract and accepting it before you begin the work. 

Ok thank you for the info.
Meaning that there is nothing I can do now to get paid?
All the jobs were given on upwork chat.

You can report the client for asking for free work, Upwork may take a look at their profile, but there's unfortunately nothing you can do to get paid. 

Sarah B wrote:

You can report the client for asking for free work, Upwork may take a look at their profile, but there's unfortunately nothing you can do to get paid. 

Careful, we don't have enough information to conclude anything at the moment.

Linda, do you have a contract with this clients for this task? Check here.

Did you submit the work using the "Submit work for payment" button?

In case there is no contract; Did the client ever ask for free work? If not, there is nothing to report. It is a typical beginner's mistake like working without a contract in place, on underfunded milestones, or sharing the results without requesting payment the official way.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Linda, 

Since you are new here, I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork. Hopefully, this helps you identify red flags, and work safely on Upwork. 

As for your post, I wanted to check if you are referring to another contract/s, other than the one that recently ended on 10-April with Contract ID# 24017086?

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members