🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » guest post
Page options
alhareem
Community Member

guest post

I have completed the work on fixed price but client didn't pay me.
I sent him proposal.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Kiran A wrote:

Were you actually hired?

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
petra_r
Community Member

Kiran A wrote:

Were you actually hired?

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

alhareem
Community Member

I am guest post seller.i sent proposal to him I completed the work on fixed
price. He sent all details in message and I sent work in messages.
alhareem
Community Member

It was my first work on Upwork. My profile is private until I completed my first work. I have done it.
petra_r
Community Member

Kiran A wrote:
It was my first work on Upwork. 

It wasn't. You were never hired. What do you mean when you say that "you paid the site"? What site?

Kiran A wrote:
It was my first work on Upwork. My profile is private until I completed my first work. I have done it.

You can have your profile set to public again with a click of the mouse on this page. And no, you haven't completed your first Upwork contract because there was never a contract in the first place.

Hi Kiran,

As Petra said, you can request your profile visibility to reset by clicking the button from the help article or, you can let me know here and I can reset it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am curious as to how Kiran A from the old messages became Tajammul H.

alhareem
Community Member

I understood thank you.
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kiran,

It looks like you don't have a contract. It's important to note that you should never start working without an active contract, which would show on your My Jobs page. Your client needs to send you an offer that you need to accept. For more information about how contracts work, you can check this and this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Sir I have paid to the site by myself and after the work I sent the link to my client. At least which money I have spent it should be returned.

Hi, Kiran.

Are you a model as well as a writer?

*Edit - the link was removed, but the image in Kiran's profile appears to have been lifted from the internet. 

Kiran A wrote:

Sir I have paid to the site by myself and after the work I sent the link to my client. At least which money I have spent it should be returned.

What website did you pay? You don't have to pay clients anything in order to be hired. 

re: "I have paid to the site by myself and after the work I sent the link to my client. At least which money I have spent it should be returned."

You aren't going to get any money returned. You aren't going to get paid for your work.

You made a lot of mistakes.

That's okay!

You jumped in without understanding the rules. But you can learn from your mistakes and not make the same mistakes again in the future.

You have a great FREE resource here in the Forum. We love to help people learn how to use Upwork correctly.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kiran A wrote:

I sent him proposal.

You were never hired. Upwork specifically tells you to never work before hire. The client took your work and your money, if you paid something for him, for free. You have to be aware that there are less than honest clients. Some freelancers are also less than honest, for example using a fake picture. 

8080ccd9
Community Member

hello

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members