🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » hacked
Page options
camiledavi
Community Member

hacked

Hello,

I have make a big mistake in sharing my upwork details with someone and now my account details have been changed and i am not able yto login. Please help urgently. Because of this i was trying to create a new account but i read this is not possible

13 REPLIES 13
prestonhunter
Community Member

Can you tell us more? Why did you share account credentials with somebody else?

Who was it?

(Please do not specify an actual name, but tell us a category, such as "my brother" or "a Facebook friend" or "a freelancer who contacted my on another platform and wanted to borrow my profile".)

You will probably need to work with Upwork Customer support (who may contact you through this thread) in order to recover your account.

Providing further details here in this thread may help readers of the Forum better understand what types of things can lead to an account being "hacked."

Of course, it is always best if we can fix these kinds of problems on our own.

You have already realized that sharing your account credentials was a mistake. Since doing that, you have already learned that doing this is a fairly serious violation of Upwork ToS. I'm assuming you have done some additional reading on this topic, and you now know that Upwork users can have their accounts terminated for sharing credentials. So nobody needs to tell you those things.

To move forward... Have your tried talking to the person who changed the credentials? For example:

"Jason:

I have now learned that Upwork users can't share their credentials with anybody, even family members. So even though you are my brother, I should not have given those credentials to you when I asked you to proofread my profile overview text. It looks like you changed the password and forgot to tell me. Could you send me the current password so that I can log into my account and change the password to something that only I know. In the future, if I want help proofreading my overview, I'll just have you send me notes and I will make changes myself."

yes i have. but no luck

It was a friend for work purposes. How do i contact support. 

Camile D wrote:

It was a friend for work purposes.

Not a very good friend, it seems

Camile D wrote:

for work purposes.

There are no purposes at all that would allow you to allow anyone to use your account. Under any circumstances at all. I hope Upwork will find your profile and only ban "your friend" and not both of you.

re: "It was a friend for work purposes."

Ah. A former friend.

Thank you for elaborating.

re: "How do I contact support?"

In this case, you're in luck. A Forum Moderator asked you to contact him directly.

As he explained, click on his name (below) and send him a direct message.

Camile D wrote:

It was a friend for work purposes.  

It was not a friend, but a guy you never met who told you that he'll pay you a fraking good amount of money each month for a free access to your account. They are doing this a lot, but most of people roll over the floor laughing when presented with the offer. Not you. You went for it and you lost your account.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Camile,

Having multiple accounts, same as sharing the log in credentials with anybody is a serious violation of Upwork's ToS

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, My name is Sidra Hameed. My account has been hacked 2 years ago, I don't even know about him. I made this account for contacting you. Please help me. I attached a screenshot of the profile that hacked by someone. He tries to change information from the account like address and account name also. You can check the screenshot. For verification purposes. You can start VIDEO CALL VERIFICATION WITH HAND HOLDING DOCUMENT on the given below screenshot account. If you guys want to verify me then you can ask me to provide a real address, not for fake one that he is using now in my account. I am always ready for every kind of verification. Please help me, guys. Please.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sidra,

Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind sending me a PM with more information about what happened so I can further assist you?

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

The same thing happened to me a few years ago, i somehow could log in but it also showed me in a different country and with a different job title.  Someone in the past had asked me to share an account so I suspect it's him.  

lysis10
Community Member

Camile D wrote:

Hello,

I have make a big mistake in sharing my upwork details with someone and now my account details have been changed and i am not able yto login. Please help urgently. Because of this i was trying to create a new account but i read this is not possible

The Chinese guy says thank you.

Jenn wins the internet for August

LOL ....LOL .....LOl. a lot

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members