🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: horrible upworking apps
Page options
chabni
Community Member

horrible upworking apps

i worked with a client for over a month suffering from the horrible Upwork app ,

1-i can't get messages notifications to make a sound  on my phone,

2-whenever i try to open the app it crashes , i have to reopen it several times for it to work and when it does it still has no sound for notification ( i have 20mb internet connection and my phone has a snapdragon 732g )

which made the client uncomfortable with the late replys.

3- file-sharing on large projects where there is a lot of updates makes it impossible to find an old version ( there is no way to structure the files ).

so we decided to contact a moderator to solve the issue, the problem is, it is impossible to contact a moderator if he did not contact you, right now we are discussing the project on WeChat and keep using the app only for the key elements like time tracking, and key conversations to keep everything recorded.

I know this is probably against the Upwork terms of service but we are competing against time and the Upwork apps are not cutting it 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Chabni A wrote

so we decided to contact a moderator to solve the issue, the problem is, it is impossible to contact a moderator

A moderator can't fix your app for you. At best they can suggest you uninstall and reinstall the app.

Chabni A wrote:

Right now we are discussing the project on WeChat and keep using the app only for the key elements like time tracking, and key conversations to keep everything recorded.

I know this is probably against the Upwork terms of service 

That is absolutely fine. Once you have been hired you can communicate anywhere you like. Most of my clients communicate with me via email or Slack or Asana or..... 

By the way, have you set your notifications so you get emails when you get a message? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Chabni A wrote

so we decided to contact a moderator to solve the issue, the problem is, it is impossible to contact a moderator

A moderator can't fix your app for you. At best they can suggest you uninstall and reinstall the app.

Chabni A wrote:

Right now we are discussing the project on WeChat and keep using the app only for the key elements like time tracking, and key conversations to keep everything recorded.

I know this is probably against the Upwork terms of service 

That is absolutely fine. Once you have been hired you can communicate anywhere you like. Most of my clients communicate with me via email or Slack or Asana or..... 

By the way, have you set your notifications so you get emails when you get a message? 

chabni
Community Member

thank you so much, I was not asking for a moderator to fix the app, I was asking for one to ask for permission to contact the client outside the platform, and thanks again for the fast reply 

I have set up every possible setting to get notification , but the emails notification comes only once while when i check the messages i find 100 ones 

Upwork doesn't really consider itself a "communication tool."

It is a tool for finding, hiring and paying freelancers, and it happens to have SOME communication functionality built into it.

You aren't violating any rules by criticizing the communication functionality found within its app, and you aren't violating any rules by talking about how you want to communicate with clients.

Even the Upwork app itself... I think of it more as a toy than anything else. Upwork really considers itself a web-based platform more than an "app-based platform." So to criticize the app? You don't have to go overboard, but you're just being honest about how it is. The Upwork app does NOT have all the functionality of main website. And it has never been completely reliable in terms of notifications and messaging.

thank you for making that clear, it just makes me respect the people behind the platform more 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths