Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hourly billing

Highlighted
Community Leader
Naomi J Member Since: May 15, 2015
1 of 4

OK I'm sure I'm being thick here and the answer is either very obvious, or there is a link I should be able to find explaining it.  But I have looked and am a bit daft Robot Embarassed at practical things, so if you can help that would be great.

I had my first hourly billed job (it was just for one hour.)  It only occurred to me after I started to use the time tracker thingy, I didnt even realise this existed at first (oops)

Anyway I figured that out, and had it track me for the last 50 minutes I was working on the job.  I manually added 10 minutes for research.  (it was a bit longer really, but it was a new client, I am building a work history, and it was a topic I'm interested in anyway.)

I messaged the client to let them know I had finished and explained the 50 tracked plus 10 minutes manual thing, and ask if they would like any revisions etc.  I havent heard back, but don't expect to yet.  I am just wondering how this job gets ended/next milestone potentially happens, because I am used to clicking submit and knowing that we are onto the next stage, as it were.  Do I just wait for the client to confirm that the hour is done?  Or should I have time tracked the whole thing?

Many thanks for any advice on what to expect when working in this way Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi and welcome Smiley Happy

You don't have to submit anything! The work dary (where your screenshots are) will close at midnight UTC Sunday, and on Monday at noon (UTC) it will lock (you won't be able to make any changes to THIS week's work diary after that.

Then theclient gets billed automatically for the time you logged and has until Friday night (midnight UTC) to review it.

If there is no dispute the money goes from "under review"to "pending" and becomes availableon the Wednesday after!

Does that help?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
3 of 4

@Naomi

Welcome to Upwork!. Along with the great reply by Petra, I wanted to share this link to several Support pages regarding the Work Diary:

URL: https://support.upwork.com/forums/21749537-Work-Diary

There are 5 different pages related to details about working with the Team App and the Work diary, and as an hourly worker, you should be somewhat famliar with these functions.  Support has these pages:

• How do I manually add time to my Work Diary?
  • My Work Diary doesn't match my reports. Why?
  • How do I delete time from my Work Diary?
  • My time is in the wrong Work Diary. How can I correct this mistake?
  • What is the Work Diary? How can I use it?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Naomi J Member Since: May 15, 2015
4 of 4

Thank you both for clearly up my query and ensuring I dont have to bodge it in future Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS