🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » hourly project time extension needed
Page options
khanahmad81
Community Member

hourly project time extension needed

hello

I am new to Upwork and a few days ago I got a project 43 hours weekly work.i was unaware of the time tracking app and I didn't start it but I completed my work and submit it within 48 hours but today is the last day of my project.

and it's impossible to complete 43 hours weekly now.

so what should I do, please guide me

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Your only option is to add your actual work time as manual hours for this project for the Upwork work week ending today (assuming the client has "allowed" manual hour on this project). The client may or may not agree to pay some or all of those hours, none of which are protected by Upwork's excellent hourly pay protection.

If you have workto do on the same project today, be sure to use TimeTracker during your work periods and only add manual hours for hours you haven't been able to track using TimeTracker earlier this week.

thankyou will 

i can see the option of manual time and I can add time manually. but I don't know if I have hourly pay protection or not where to check that? can you please guide?

Majid K wrote:

i can see the option of manual time and I can add time manually. but I don't know if I have hourly pay protection or not where to check that? can you please guide?

No, you won't have hourly protection, but as you have already completed the work, that is the only way you can get paid at all.  You NEVER have any protection with manual time.

Please do not add 43 hours, only as many hours as you actually really worked, or your client could dispute and then you'd be worse off than before.

Will L wrote:

Petra, I'm sure you'll agree it is never "a good idea to find out how hourly contracts work beforehand."

Huh? Why would I agree to that? 

Majid,

Hourly pay protection is automatic when you properly use TimeTracker for your active work time, which means invoking TimeTracker when you begin each work period, enter a meaningful but short description of the work you're doing during the period, use your keyboard or mouse regularly during the tracking period and stop the TimeTracker tracking each time you stop work.

Try to work in 10 minute increments, beginning work at the top of the hour or 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 minutes after the hour. In general, you don't want to work for small time increments of less than 10 minutes or TimeTracker may not accurately track your work time.

Good luck.

petra_r
Community Member

Majid K wrote:

I am new to Upwork and a few days ago I got a project 43 hours weekly work.i was unaware of the time tracking app and I didn't start it but I completed my work and submit it within 48 hours but today is the last day of my project.

and it's impossible to complete 43 hours weekly now.

so what should I do, please guide me

You only add hours you actually worked. 

How many hours did you work, and how many hours did you track with the tracker?  If there is a limit of 43 hours does not mean you have to work 43 hours, it means you can't charge more. 

Is manual time enabled on the contract? Did you add manual time? Would it have been a good idea to find out how hourly contracts work beforehand?

Petra, I'm sure you'll agree it is never "a good idea to find out how hourly contracts work beforehand."

thankyou petra

i can see the manual time option, if I enter manual hours within previous days will t be ok for Upwork,?

in this project will the client have to release the payment or it's already done?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members