cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how I can change my hourly rate.

digipru
Hafiz Usman H Member Since: Nov 9, 2015
1 of 14

When ever I submit a proposal my hourly rate is fixed that's 26 and I am not able to change it at the time on submitting proposal. I want to change my default hourly rate.

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 14

Go to Profile in your account and click on your hourly rate. You will see an edit option. You can change your hourly rate there.

channelplex
Gary A Member Since: Nov 15, 2015
3 of 14

THANK YOU - I WAS ABLE TO FINALLY FIND IT 

MUCH APPRECIATED 

iturchenko
Igor T Member Since: Dec 7, 2015
4 of 14

Can you please provide some screenshots where I should click?

My hour rate is not interactable.

hour rate

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 14

Hi Igor,

Please follow the instructions I sent you in a private message. Let me know if you need additional help.

Untitled
pclimited
Ace Contributor
Tim A Member Since: Dec 1, 2015
6 of 14

I can't find an edit button either.  I click on my rate and nothing happens.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 14

Hi Tim,

I see that you are currently set as an exclusive member of your own agency, which means that all your contracts will be under the agency and you can't have any contracts as an independent freelancer. As for the rate you have two options:

1) Switch to your agency profile and click Agency Roster. Then check the box next to your name and click "Change Rate" button. Put a new rate that will be displayed on your profile.

2) Switch to your agency profile and go to Settings> Members and Permissions. Click edit under "Agency Freelancer" and then select Make Non-Exclusive. You will then be able to go to your own freelancer profile and edit the rate from there.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork
anches19
Angel T Member Since: Mar 13, 2017
8 of 14

Hey Valeria, very good instructions however:

I have a basic agency profile and when I click Mermbership & permissions, i get no further options, it tells me to upgrade.

upwork profile rate.png

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 14

Hi Angel,

Since you are the owner of one-person agency, you won't be able to switch your status in it. If you'd like to work as an independent freelancer, you can go to your agency settings and close the agency. If you'd like to work with a team of freelancers through your agency, you'll need to upgrade your agency Membership. If you'd like to keep your status in the one-person agency the way it is, you'll still be able to change your profile rate via the Agency Roster.

~ Valeria
Upwork
trevormesnik
Trevor M Member Since: May 11, 2017
10 of 14

Hi. hope you are doing well.

i can't change my hourly rate either. I need your help.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS