elqastawi

how can i report a client that insult me and give me very bad feedback plz need help :(

how can i report a client that insult me and give me very bad feedback plz need help 😞

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis

Mostafa,

If your client was rude to you while you were working on his project, you can report him to customer support with links to the relevant conversations.

As to the bad feedback, there is not a lot you can do, but you could have left your own feedback and also answered the client's comments. If you can still do that, make sure you are very professional about it and don't rant too much, but just put your side of things clearly and briefly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
colettelewis

Mostafa,

If your client was rude to you while you were working on his project, you can report him to customer support with links to the relevant conversations.

As to the bad feedback, there is not a lot you can do, but you could have left your own feedback and also answered the client's comments. If you can still do that, make sure you are very professional about it and don't rant too much, but just put your side of things clearly and briefly. 

Mostafa:

People should be professional on this website.

Both clients and freelancers.

But it is even more important for freelancers to always be professional and polite.

But here's the thing:

You didn't tell us what the "insult" was.

If a client said: "Mostafa did a good job on this project but the files he provided were in an earlier format of the software we are using and I had to convert them to a new format myself"...

...maybe you took that as an insult. But that may be very valid feedback.

On the other hand, if the client said: "Mostafa is a #%@* and a *#@#&!", then that's very unprofessional, and your complaint is more reasonable.

So whether or not you can or should report a client depends on exactly what the client said.

If the client's written feedback is just over-the-top ridiculous, then you really do not need to respond to it. You can probably report it and have it removed as it may well violate Upwork ToS. And you don't need to worry about it as much because potential future client will see that you were dealing with a nutcase.