🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » how do I issue a payment invoice?
Page options
yuryzaichkorus
Community Member

how do I issue a payment invoice?

I completed my first order by the hour.
my customer says that I have to write him an invoice, how do I do this?
Contact id 27130620
7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Yury Z wrote:
I completed my first order by the hour.
my customer says that I have to write him an invoice, how do I do this?
Contact id 27130620

You don't have to write an invoice to the client. Upwork issues the invoice for you. Did you correctly track your hours with the Upwork tracker?

I did not use Upwork tracker for this contract. I added the watch to the diary with my hands.
what should I do in this situation?

re: "I did not use Upwork tracker for this contract. I added the watch to the diary with my hands.
what should I do in this situation?"

For future work:

Keep pushing forward on learning how to use the Upwork desktop time-tracker. Set a goal right now that you will use that.

But for this past project:

You logged time manually.

You can see the hours counted and the money scheduled to be released to you when you go here:

Upwork -> Reports -> Overview

Now you DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING.

The client does NOT need to do anything.

Because you properly logged your manual time, Upwork will charge the client's credit card automatically and send the money to you.

My client says that no funds were debited from his balance.

Also, I wonder after what time the funds will be credited.

Thanks.

Hi Yury,

Since this is an Hourly Contract, you are paid based on the Weekly Billing Cycle:

Week 1 – You log time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

Your client doesn't need to manually verify the work you completed, they can only file a dispute during the review period. If no action is taken on their end, your funds will be released to you as detailed above.

~Andrea
Upwork

Yury Z wrote:
 I added the watch to the diary with my hands.

Whatever do you mean by that?

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

You don't. You and your customer both need to read enough Help & Support material to understand how the platform works.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths