Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i get paid

annaflab
Anna P Member Since: Dec 21, 2016
1 of 3

hi there

i am a newbie so i am still learning about how things work, i got in a situation with someone, asked to write an article 700 words long, i did that and sent her the file through the chat message, but till i have not been credited with the agreed price which is 40 usd,  and till now i have not heard from ***Edited for Community Guidelines***, tell me have i been cheated or the pay is pending because i dont understand, please get back to me soonest as regards the matter.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 3

Is the contract showing under your "my jobs" tab?

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
3 of 3

Hi Anna,

As a newbie I strongly encourage you to attend or watch the new user webinar and read the threads on getting started on Upwork here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#U264214

Unfortunately, in this case everything was communicated through messenger and a contract was never sent nor accepted. The most important thing to remember before sending any work to a client is to have a contract. When communicating with the client in Messenger, she should have sent an offer, which you would have accepted.  This offer would have had the job details and the amount. Because this was a fixed price job the client would need to send over a milestone with the amount of the job. You would check to make sure the milestone is funded. Before beginning to work on anything in the future make sure you have a contract and a funded milestone. 

Since you've completed the work and sent it to them, you can try asking the client to send you an offer and fund a milestone for the work, but there is no guarantee that they will comply.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS