🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: how do i know that i am not hired?
Page options
vibriotko
Community Member

how do i know that i am not hired?

how do i know that i am not hired? do you get notifications from clients? up work? or if you are not communicated with, you can assume you are not being offered/hired?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Todd O wrote:

how do i know that i am not hired? do you get notifications from clients? up work? or if you are not communicated with, you can assume you are not being offered/hired?

Anything other than an actual contract offer with a clickable "Accept Offer" button right on the Upwork site means you're (currently) not hired.

You'll only very rarely get any kind of rejection note from any client.

Bummer. It would be nice if clients could just click a button to notify freelancers that they will not be hired.

Todd O wrote:

Bummer. It would be nice if clients could just click a button to notify freelancers that they will not be hired.

Actually a client can decline an individual applicant, select a reason in a dropdown list and add a comment. I'm not sure if Upwork actually conveys this information to the declined applicant. I've never seen it on the FL side and if it's there, it must be buried somewhere you can't even see it. Because UX ≠ UW.

Clients are not obliged to do this, but if they do, the list of applicants is cleared a bit which may help selecting amongst the remaining ones. It's convenient.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members