cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how i can inform other freelancer that they are victim of big fraud

nawazuzma
Uzma N Member Since: Aug 23, 2017
1 of 9

Last night i was interviewed .I was up all night as they said it is an australian company **Edited for Community Guidelines**.They will pay me $37 an hr they will pay me upfront checque  to cover the cost.How should i infrom other freelancer that it is a fraud?They are interviewing 22 people at the moment.

fluker-tareion
Ace Contributor
Dr. Tareion F Member Since: Jun 21, 2017
2 of 9

flag the job as inappropriate to officially report it to the administrators at upwork.

And this post acts as a warning to the upwork freelancer community about this company. Thank you, Uzma :-)

nawazuzma
Uzma N Member Since: Aug 23, 2017
3 of 9

I did that thanks but still can see their job post

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 9

Hi Uzma,

I believe the job you are referring to has already been removed. If you go to Find Work> Proposals> Archived, is that the job you see at the top of the list?

~ Valeria
Upwork
mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
5 of 9

A mod will remove the company name when they see it. You're not allowed to post names and info like that in the Community. It is a good idea to read the Community Guidelines. 

The best thing you can do to help other freelancers avoid fraud is to familiarize yourself with the ToS, understand the warning signs of fraudulent job postings, flag jobs as inappropriate when they are clearly fraud or against the ToS, and use all that info to keep yourself from falling victim to scammers. They more victims these scammers easily get here on the platform because people are clearly not making it a priority to understand the platform before they start using it the more scams they will attempt. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 9

These scammers only succeed here when freelancers don't follow the rules.

freelancemomof5
Crystal Yvonne D Member Since: Aug 23, 2017
7 of 9

I was approached by **Edited for Community Guidelines** .... I think its a scam... what should I do ?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 9

Fastest thing to do is to block them using the Upwork messenger tool. And then move on. Ignore those scammers.

If you want to help Upwork out, you can flag the job as "inappropriate" or contact Upwork Customer Support or send a private message (here in the Community Forum) to a moderator.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 9

Crystal Yvonne,

I think I found the invitation you are referring to and we'll have the job reviewed as soon as possible. Meanwhile, please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thanks for reporting.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS