cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how important is it to add a profile overview?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Eva S Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
1 of 10

I dont have one and im afraid its impacting my job chances , but im not good at talking about myself and rahter not add one

Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
2 of 10

Very important!

The profile overview is where you sell yourself and what you can do for the client. If you don't do this, most clients will probably just pass you by.

If you can't be bothered to do a profile overview, why would the client think you could do the job? It shows that you have no confidence in your skills.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 10

well, yah i have no confidence in my marketing skills and i hate marketing Smiley Tongue, makes me wonder about the client that cant be bothered to read my profile/review my portfolio

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
4 of 10

Erm... it's really good thing to have one.

You don't write about yourself but about your work skills & experience, the things you know how to do.

Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 10
re: "how important is it to add a profile overview?"

Eva, I am not certain where your question is coming from, because when I look at your page I see a nice overview text and you look like you are successful in getting work.

But speaking generally, I can tell you one group who hopes you do NOT have profile text:
The contractors who compete against you for the same jobs. They would like you to not have anything in your profile text, so that they will get hired instead of the person with no profile text.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
6 of 10

well, i added the profile review after i posted the question, but I really hate marketing ,i really do ......also got the job withouth the overview

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
7 of 10

You have incredible portfolio, but still ... it's good to say sentence-two.

8 of 10

thank you for the kind words, but what do you mean by " it's good to say sentance two"?

Highlighted
Community Leader
John T Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
9 of 10

I think getting used to selling yourself and your skills is just one of those things that you ghave to do if you're a freelancer. I feel your pain; it doesn't come naturally to me either. But it goes with the territory.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 10

100% agree with Eva's approach... to have a great portfolio. For a graphic artist, that is key, and she should be congratulated on her efforts, as well as in the effort to add some effective profile overview text.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS