🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » how long does it take for feedback removal to...
Page options
joansands
Community Member

how long does it take for feedback removal to take place

As Top Rated, I can have bad feedback removed. How long does it take for that to take effect once it is requested.

13 REPLIES 13
lysis10
Community Member

I've had them remove it within a few hours. If you were lucky enough for it to hit after this last calculation, then it'll be gone by the time it's calculated again (2 weeks). If not, you won't see the change until next run.

Lucky you !

Musawar A wrote:

Lucky you !

I think they've just gotten better at these requests. The last 3 happened within a day. It's probably an easy ticket to complete so CS grabs them quickly.

It hit late yesterday, Jennifer. The client turned out to be a very dishonest person. It's the first time I have used the feedback perk and I am very glad I worked hard to get that perk. It is disheartening to have a lousy client but, luckily, I have some really great clients that outweigh that guy. 

Joan S wrote:

It hit late yesterday, Jennifer. The client turned out to be a very dishonest person. It's the first time I have used the feedback perk and I am very glad I worked hard to get that perk. It is disheartening to have a lousy client but, luckily, I have some really great clients that outweigh that guy. 

Looks like you're 100% so the bad feedback will never see the light of day. It's a beautiful thing. I went a whole 14 months with no problems. That's the longest I've gone without a dispute. Go me.

I want so much, Jennifer, to keep my 100% & Top Rated because I worked really hard to get them. For now, tho, I just want that guy's horrible rating taken off my profile. He is not only dishonest, he is also just a mean person. Sometimes one learns the hard way.

Joan S wrote:

I want so much, Jennifer, to keep my 100% & Top Rated because I worked really hard to get them. For now, tho, I just want that guy's horrible rating taken off my profile. He is not only dishonest, he is also just a mean person. Sometimes one learns the hard way.

If you don't rate him, then you have 14 days for it to stay hidden. It will definitely be gone by the time the next update happens. The only time I had to follow up was when it was first launched. After that, it's a quick process.

Hey Jennifer - I just got an email from Upwork and the bad rating is now gone from my profile. Am I ever happy about that. Now I just have to forget that guy and go on. I did check his page & the rating he gave me is gone but my rating for him is still there. I don't think he is going to be a happy camper and I doubt that he knows about feedback removal. He can add that to a long list of things he doesn't know altho he thinks he knows everything.

Joan S wrote:

Hey Jennifer - I just got an email from Upwork and the bad rating is now gone from my profile. Am I ever happy about that. Now I just have to forget that guy and go on. I did check his page & the rating he gave me is gone but my rating for him is still there. I don't think he is going to be a happy camper and I doubt that he knows about feedback removal. He can add that to a long list of things he doesn't know altho he thinks he knows everything.

My rating for my client shows too but others say it doesn't show. I've seen some others use it and I don't see the client's rating. I wonder if only we can see it since we're the freelancer?

Mine went totally missing from both our profiles last time  I checked. Oh well.

Sooner or later, everyone runs into a jerk on this platform. 

My rating & response for the client does not show on my profile - but when I click on the title of the contract, I get a screen that shows my rating for him & my response to his rating. So, at any rate, I am a happy camper & I would love to be a fly on the wall when he sees that his feedback has been removed!

Hi, I was top rated and had 100% success rate, an unfair client gave me a bad "Hidden" review while thanking me for the good job, so I lost my top rated badge on the next update and my success rate became 89% (below top eligibility score). I had 2 contracts ending at the same time and wanted to be sure which one to remove (because they were both happy apparently). So I waited for 2 weeks for the next update and removed the correct one (score went up to 100% again), that means I had 2 weeks below 90% giving me 14 out of 16 top eligibility, so I'd get my top rated badge back (minimum is 13 out of 16), I waited 2 weeks for the next update to see this change, but got 12 out of 16 weeks so no top rated badge, which is not fair at all, because it's not my problem how much the update interval is, I was ACTUALLY below 90 for 2 weeks only. The support have been working on this for more than a month now and still no solution for such an obvious mistake. They keep apologising and teeling me they're waiting for the technical team, and I am still waiting for my top rated badge to show 😞 if they don't solve it, I'd have to wait almost  3 months  forthe 4 bad weeks to filter out.....

software_expert
Community Member

The job, including public and private feedback, is removed from your JSS within 7 days after you submit your request.
For further information, visit https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

Thanks, Musawar. I know it takes awhile for the feedback to be removed from JSS. I am wondering how long it takes to remove the bad feedback from my profile and can find no answer so I hope Jennifer is right because she usually seems to be.   🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths