cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does it take to remove bad client feedback after full refund

Jennifer Anne R Member Since: Feb 9, 2019
1 of 6

Apologies in advance if this was asked before.

It will be one month on February 15 since I fully refunded the client. The negative feedback is still there on my profile. I want to know how long does it take to remove the negative feedback. If I am already aware that removing negative feedback will take too long, I might not refund the unresponsive client.

I contacted support several times but their answer is always the issue is escalated to the technical team.

I hope someone can answer me about this. Thanks!

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Jennifer Anne,

We'll follow-up with the team that's handling your case and they will update you directly via the same ticket. We really appreciate your patience.

-Joanne
Untitled
Diana K Member Since: Nov 21, 2018
3 of 6

Hello, Jennifer.
Recently I finished my contract with a client, who was so satisfied with the project.
After ending contract I saw he left 4 * feedback, no comment below it.
I can't be in touch with him via Upwork, as he isn't online.
How can I be in touch with him? Can you help me with that? I can give information about him.
P.S. I think it was done accidentally, and he didn't know it will appear on my profile.

Thank you.

Abdel-Salem A Member Since: Jul 30, 2019
4 of 6

Hi, I have undergone a bad contract with a client recently.

The client ended the contract and requested me to refund all money ($125) when he left so bad feedback. So since I didn't have enough time to deal with the client, I accepted his request and refunded all money. In this case, his feedback will be on my work history? 

If not, how long does it take to go away from my history?

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
5 of 6

If you issued  a refund because you knew your work was not up to par (shoddy, unprofessional etc) or if you thought you could complete the job but found out it was way above your skillset, then I can totally understand your reason and action to issue that refund so that the client could find a better outcome with another freelancer,

BUT

If you issued that refund JUST so you didn't have a negative feedback on your profile then you did a disservice to this site AND TO YOURSELF. By doing that you actually rewarded this client for their bad, unprofessional behavior. You added just another conquest for this client. Each time a freelancer returns their payment it reinforces this behavior and this client will continue to use negative feedback or threats of negative feedback to get free work from other freelancers. 

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
BEST ANSWER
6 of 6

Jennifer Anne R wrote:

Apologies in advance if this was asked before.

It will be one month on February 15 since I fully refunded the client. The negative feedback is still there on my profile. I want to know how long does it take to remove the negative feedback. If I am already aware that removing negative feedback will take too long, I might not refund the unresponsive client.

I contacted support several times but their answer is always the issue is escalated to the technical team.

I hope someone can answer me about this. Thanks!

There's a bug. So, the answer is that the technical team is working on it. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS