🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » how long the "down" period lasts?
Page options
timur2010
Community Member

how long the "down" period lasts?

Hello Community!

I am looking for a job right now. Funny thing that before I actually started looking for job, I received invitations almost every day. But now is a complete silence. I remember I had such time, and experienced freelancers here told me that system sometimes puts you on some kind of "hold" position. Like you profile doesnt show in the client search or reccomendation list. Something to do with fair work share etc.

My question is, how long does this period lasts? Cause I am really in need for job right now. No matter what cover letter I crafting it looks like my proposaln are not seen by client either (I mean comparing to before).

I don't know if I could clarify my question, ask me anything you need to understand. And I am looking for your help.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Tamerlan K wrote:

I remember I had such time, and experienced freelancers here told me that system sometimes puts you on some kind of "hold" position. Like you profile doesnt show in the client search or reccomendation list.

Not quite. But search visibility is rotated, and considering how many thousands of freelancers there are in your category and the fact that there are only 10 profiles shown per page, you can calculate how showing o the first few pages won't happen all that often.

There are currently also way more people trying to work online than before the pandemic.

Your best bet is to actively apply for contracts.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members