🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » how long to get paid after contract ends?
Page options
56a3c407
Community Member

how long to get paid after contract ends?

I just ended the contract and how many business days it will take to lend money into my account?

and where I can see that money has arrived or not on my upwork account?

can anyone guide me properly.

6 REPLIES 6
spectralua
Community Member

Up to 2 weeks. One for aprove, second for security hold. 

Check current stage here https://www.upwork.com/nx/reports/overview

When the contract is ended, it is already paid. So there is only the 5-day security period to consider from the date of the payment..

sofia2008
Community Member

On a fixed price project, once the client is successfully charged for the milestone, your amount will be pending for the 5-day security period. 

tlsanders
Community Member

Ending the contract has nothing to do with getting paid.

On an hourly contract you are paid weekly, with some lag time between the closing of the work week and the payment date.

On a fixed price contract, you are paid five days after either the client approves a milestone or the milestone auto-approves (which happens after 14 days of the client not responding to the submission). If you ended the contract after the milestone was approved, the funds will be available five days from the approval date. If you ended the contract before the milestone was approved, you won't get paid unless the client chooses to come back and make a special payment.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Ghulam,

Click "Reports" and "Transaction History" to check on the status of payments and when they are released for your use. Have a great day!

8929b64d
Community Member

Perfect answer

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members