🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » how my client can deposit money in escrow for...
Page options
fcca14
Community Member

how my client can deposit money in escrow for hourly contract

Hello everybody,

My client is having hourly work starting with me, Ive accepted the offer, i ask him to put some mioney in escrow but he is not finding how to put money fo rhourly contract as he shows teh hour clocks are all zero.

Plz guide..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ejaz,

Only in the case of the Direct Hourly Contract, your client would be asked for a one-time deposit for the equivalent of one week's worth of contracted work.

For a regular Hourly contract (which is the type of contract you have with your client), you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. Please learn how to log time using the Upwork Desktop App and read more about the Hourly Payment Protection and Weekly Billing Cycle

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ejaz,

Only in the case of the Direct Hourly Contract, your client would be asked for a one-time deposit for the equivalent of one week's worth of contracted work.

For a regular Hourly contract (which is the type of contract you have with your client), you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. Please learn how to log time using the Upwork Desktop App and read more about the Hourly Payment Protection and Weekly Billing Cycle

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fcca14
Community Member

Thank you Bojan, I got it.

just as a suggestion if there is an option available, in case of first time starting an hourly contract, that the client can deposit one / two hours in advance in escrow, this may be a secure feature for freelancers , like in fixed contract. Obviously the money will be released to freelancer once that hour's work is done and reviewed by the client.
Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

Ejaz u wrote:

just as a suggestion if there is an option available, in case of first time starting an hourly contract, that the client can deposit one / two hours in advance in escrow, this may be a secure feature for freelancers , like in fixed contract.

There is absolutely no need for something like that because provided the freelancer is using the Upwork tracker correctly, this guarantees that all work done is paid for. Clients hire hourly so they don't have the hassle of funding milestones and are simply charged every Monday for the time tracked the previous week.

wwwoman
Community Member

So what happens when the client refuses to fund their accounts. How does the freelancer get paid?

yofazza
Community Member

They don't fund.

Upwork charge their card, weekly.

Two bad things that could happen:

• The card cannot be charged.
  • The card can be charged but the client file a chargeback through their bank.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members