🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » how should i send files to complete milestone
Page options
jengarzon
Community Member

how should i send files to complete milestone

Hi, im having doubts of the process of completing a milestone with a client. For example, i just finished writing a document that is the milestone 1 that i set up with the client, and i send the documment throught the link of the payment area but the client wanted me to send it through upwork messages and so i did ? Was that ok, or is not the correct canal of summiting work ? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
renata101
Community Member

Hi Jennifer,

It's probably a good thing to submit the document through the submit work/request payment form because that sends a message that you're submitting work and requesting payment :). After you do this, your client reviews your work and then the client can release the money that's in escrow to cover the milestone, or they can ask for revisions.

Submitting the work through the submission form also ensures that if the client doesn't contact you about the milestone, the money in escrow is released automatically 14 days after you've submitted the work.

I'm not sure why your client would want you to send it through the message system. Unless the person is not planning to pay you within 14 days?

You can't break anything by sending things twice. Just make sure your document has a filename that clearly indicates what it is. You might want to add the date to the file name or something like that. If it's a revised version of an earlier draft, you might want to indicate a version number.

There is some information about payment on this link:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063418-Difference-Between-Hourly-and-Fixed-Price?fla...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hardorff
Community Member

Submit Work

Please discuss with your client ahead of time how you'll deliver your files or other work product. You can send files using Upwork's collaboration tools or use whatever third-party solutions you prefer.

To submit a milestone for approval

1. Go to My Jobs and click Request Milestone Approval.
  2. Write a message to your client describing the work.
  3. You can also add an attachment or include a link to the work. This isn't required, but it's important that your client has some way to review your work once you submit it for approval.
  4. Click the Submit Request button. Your client will be notified you have submitted work for their approval. You will be notified when they approve payment or request changes.

Link: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063748-Fixed-Price-Protection?flash_digest=03cf65dd4...

jr-translation
Community Member

Jennifer G wrote:

Hi, im having doubts of the process of completing a milestone with a client. For example, i just finished writing a document that is the milestone 1 that i set up with the client, and i send the documment throught the link of the payment area but the client wanted me to send it through upwork messages and so i did ? Was that ok, or is not the correct canal of summiting work ? 

It was ok, but you can always send your work twice. I am not sure how clients are informed about submitted files. They might just end up in the file folder and some clients seem to have problems finding them. Always add them when you request a milestone to be released. That is your proof in a dispute.

renata101
Community Member

Hi Jennifer,

It's probably a good thing to submit the document through the submit work/request payment form because that sends a message that you're submitting work and requesting payment :). After you do this, your client reviews your work and then the client can release the money that's in escrow to cover the milestone, or they can ask for revisions.

Submitting the work through the submission form also ensures that if the client doesn't contact you about the milestone, the money in escrow is released automatically 14 days after you've submitted the work.

I'm not sure why your client would want you to send it through the message system. Unless the person is not planning to pay you within 14 days?

You can't break anything by sending things twice. Just make sure your document has a filename that clearly indicates what it is. You might want to add the date to the file name or something like that. If it's a revised version of an earlier draft, you might want to indicate a version number.

There is some information about payment on this link:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063418-Difference-Between-Hourly-and-Fixed-Price?fla...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members