🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: how to change username
Page options

how to change username

hi,my name is Md Ashraful Alam;i i have created this account a year ago,and i was not much cocerned about the username,i have choosen a fancy name,but now I'm really sorry about what I did and  i want to change my username.plz suggest me how could i do that.

12 REPLIES 12
prestonhunter

Shahin...

If you click on the "gear" icon in your oDesk interface, you will see your "Contact Info" screen.

In the "Account" section, you can click on the "Edit" link/button and you can edit some things, such as your photo, email address, even your name.

But you can NOT change your username, which is identified here as your "User ID."

There IS NO WAY to change your username using the front end interface.

It is physically possible for somebody at oDesk to change your User ID, but it is likely that there is a policy that discourages anybody from doing that.

The answer to your question is:

You may very well NOT be able to change your username.

If there IS a way to change your username, it would be to open up a help desk ticket, explain your reasoning for doing so, and then when they tell you they can't, to ask very nicely to escalate to a higher level of authority, and try to get them to do it.

rahatur

I do not think you can change the user name at present. Please try as Preston suggested.
But I do not think username is an issue working on oDesk. No one can see your user name. People only see the full name and other info. So unless that is not a problem you can continue with the user name.

rubelnadia

Hello!

I'm Md. Mazedur Rahman i created user id but now i went to change my user id it can possible.?

Hi Md. Mazedur, 

Unfortunately, we don't allow this ability. If there's an error with the name you entered when creating your Upwork account, you can contact our support team for further assistance.

~ Avery
Upwork

How do I contact the support team? 

Hi Catherine,

Available support options will show on this page. Alternatively, you can use this link to submit a support request.

If you have general questions about using Upwork, feel free to post it here.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Ms. Valeria.

I am writing this letter to address my concern in regards to editing my Title and Heading. I am a member of Upwork as a Freelancer for one year now but since then, I was an inactive member for I was busy with my previous job in a banking institution.

Right now, I am planning to pursue my career on online jobs and so that is why I signed-in with my UpWork account Upon checking my profile, I want to edit my Title as well as Heading portion so to increase my chances of be hired by a client. However, the pencil icon beside my profile name is nowhere to be found. I have refreshed the page several times already but still I cannot find the pencil icon for editing the portion I need to change. What are the other ways of changing my Title and Heading?

May I please ask for your assistance in regards to my concern? Thank you very much!

Guadalupe F. Dequito

Freelancer

Hi Ms. Avery.

I am writing this letter to address my concern in regards to editing my Title and Heading. I am a member of Upwork as a Freelancer for one year now but since then, I was an inactive member for I was busy with my previous job in a banking institution.

Right now, I am planning to pursue my career on online jobs and so that is why I signed-in with my UpWork account Upon checking my profile, I want to edit my Title as well as Heading portion so to increase my chances of be hired by a client. However, the pencil icon beside my profile name is nowhere to be found. I have refreshed the page several times already but still I cannot find the pencil icon for editing the portion I need to change. What are the other ways of changing my Title and Heading?

May I please ask for your assistance in regards to my concern? Thank you very much!

Guadalupe F. Dequito

Freelancer

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Guadalupe,

In order to edit your profile title, move your mouse over your existing profile title and use the pencil icon to update it.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I have already done it several times and I've refreshed the page numerous times also but the pencil icon is still nowhere to be found. What shall I do?

Thank you very much!

Guadalupe Dequito

Freelancer

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Guadalupe,

I checked your profile and will ask our team to follow up with you directly.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
abu_bakkar4

You can't change it right now.

Upcoming Events
Dec 13
Succeeding with Clients Talent Toolbox
Dec 21
Virtual Community Hour Community Hour