🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » how to create an offer for client
Page options
360d5480
Community Member

how to create an offer for client

My client is trying to make an offer. But she says that she is unable to create a contract. Perhaps she doesn't know how to create an offer.

My question is, How to create an offer and send it to the client as a freelancer. So, that she can accept, and I initiate the project.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Safar,

Thank you for your message. Freelancers cannot initiate a contract for Upwork clients unless they are creating a Direct contract with your existing Client they initially met outside of Upwork. Please request your Client to reach our support team through this link so that we better assist them with their concern.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PradeepH

Hi Safar,

Thank you for your message. Freelancers cannot initiate a contract for Upwork clients unless they are creating a Direct contract with your existing Client they initially met outside of Upwork. Please request your Client to reach our support team through this link so that we better assist them with their concern.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Pradeep H wrote:

Thank you for your message. Freelancers cannot initiate a contract for Upwork clients unless they are creating a Direct contract with your existing Client they initially met outside of Upwork.

If they have worked with the client previously, they can.

propose new contract.png

Wouldn't it be great if they added that option like Fiverr? 

Hello! It's a bit strange though .... 🤔
Why wouldn't you let freelancers to do that? 
That would make life on Upwork sooo much easier for both - clients and freelancers. Cause often clients do not know how to use the platform, they come here for a solution, not another thing they have to figure out. So it would be much simpler if the freelancers had the option to take care of this side of a process FOR their clients too. 

Hi Vira,

I'm sorry for any confusion Pradeep's original post could have caused. I want to clarify that if you've worked with a client before or currently have a contract, you can propose a new contract to them. Here's a help article with more information on how you can do this. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
131e2a4a
Community Member

Hi!)
Yes, I know about this feature) I was talking about sending the initial
request for the first contract, because sometimes it causes confusion for
clients who are not expert with the platform

Hi Vira,

We genuinely appreciate your feedback and suggestions regarding our hiring process. As Pradeep mentioned in this thread's solution, freelancers cannot initiate a first contract for Upwork clients unless they create a direct contract with an existing client they initially met outside Upwork.

We'll continue sharing your feedback with the rest of the team for further review. We'll keep all members posted whenever we have updates. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
gfxartiste
Community Member

If we also get these types of options like Fiverr, it will be more helpful for our new clients.Screenshot_9.png

d173df1a
Community Member

To create an offer and send it to the client on Upwork, follow these steps:

Go to your "Find Work" page and search for the job you're interested in.
Click on the job title to view the job details.
If you're interested in the job, click on the "Submit a Proposal" button.
Write your proposal, including your qualifications, experience, and why you're a good fit for the job.
In your proposal, you can include the terms of your offer, such as the scope of work, timeline, and payment terms.
Once you've submitted your proposal, the client will receive a notification and can review your offer.
If the client is interested in working with you, they can send you an offer through Upwork.
To accept the offer, simply review the terms and click on the "Accept Offer" button.

935d1fa9
Community Member

Before creating the offer, have a detailed discussion with the client about the project's scope, deliverables, timelines, and budget. Make sure you both are on the same page and have agreed on the terms.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members