🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » how to delete my answer to a job that seems s...
Page options
inro
Community Member

how to delete my answer to a job that seems suspicious to me?

Hi everyone! I got an offer for a high price job. There is a client profile in Sweden, but for the interview I have to !!! call / write to Albania. This is a strange thing number 2. Oddity No. 1 is how the price for this work is written - $ 15,000.00, but the history of this client shows me that in reality he will pay only $ 15. What kind of fraud is this? And how do I delete my answer? Just send it to the archive? Thanks in advance for the advice, I wish everyone to have a good day in isolation!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Inna R wrote:

Hi everyone! I got an offer for a high price job. There is a client profile in Sweden, but for the interview I have to !!! call / write to Albania. This is a strange thing number 2. Oddity No. 1 is how the price for this work is written - $ 15,000.00, but the history of this client shows me that in reality he will pay only $ 15. What kind of fraud is this? And how do I delete my answer? Just send it to the archive? Thanks in advance for the advice, I wish everyone to have a good day in isolation!

1. Clients can be anywhere and some are teams located all over the would.

2. Clients can enter any amount. They are looking for 99 freelancers providing at least 20 people.

3. Looking at the history is always a good idea.

4. Did you get an offer or an invite?

5. It is not fraud, just another low budget client trying to make freelancers ignore the lousy pay by entering a large sum. They never promis 15k to one person.

6. Why do they bother contacting you? You are not native French nor do you live in France. Next time just decline an invite and block the client. I get them all the time for Skandinavian languages.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jr-translation
Community Member

Inna R wrote:

1. Clients can be anywhere and some are teams located all over the would.

2. Clients can enter any amount. They are looking for 99 freelancers providing at least 20 people.

3. Looking at the history is always a good idea.

4. Did you get an offer or an invite?

5. It is not fraud, just another low budget client trying to make freelancers ignore the lousy pay by entering a large sum. They never promis 15k to one person.

6. Why do they bother contacting you? You are not native French nor do you live in France. Next time just decline an invite and block the client. I get them all the time for Skandinavian languages.

Thank you very much for a practical answer and advice!

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Inna,

It seems that Jennifer already responded to your question. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs
Based on the information you sent us, the job post doesn't look like that it's in violation of Upwork's Terms of Service, but I will send it to our team for investigation, just in case.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members