🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » how to file a disputes
Page options
2d18eb02
Community Member

how to file a disputes

Hi,

It is my first time to experience this; I have a client and I have been working for 2 weeks already. We are almost done on the project but then suddenly he asked for a refund from last week and ended the contract today. 

The contract is per hour and i used manual time; He did not ask or complaint on the first week until we are almost done on the project this week. 

Can i still get the amount or the time i worked for? 

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luna May,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. It looks like you have already issued a partial refund for the amount they asked for. You have already initiated the support ticket for this concern. Please allow time for our team to respond and further guide you regarding this case. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your existing ticket and our team will address them accordingly.

You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "It is my first time to experience this; I have a client and I have been working for 2 weeks already. We are almost done on the project but then suddenly he asked for a refund from last week and ended the contract today. The contract is per hour and i used manual time; He did not ask or complaint on the first week until we are almost done on the project this week. Can i still get the amount or the time i worked for?"

Luna May:
You can not file a dispute.

If the client asks for a refund, you may decide to give the client a refund, or NOT give the client a refund. That is your choice. You do not need to issue a refund if you don't want to.

If the client proactively disputes your manually-logged time, then Upwork will remove those hours.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths