🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: how to find promo code upwork
Page options
fidele_rosine
Community Member

Promo Code, connects to buy, free connects

Good morning dear freelancers,

Since the may 28th, I am waiting for my 60 connects, as usual, but nothing yet, So impossible to submit proposal; as a Top Rated freelancer with 5 years on Upwork, all I wish is an explanation...They said that I should buy the connects, but When I want to do so, they ask me PROMO CODE which is given my email only, as they said, I wonder with this? What is the logic in this PROMO Code? Why other freelancer have still have their connects freely and not me? Why other can have a Promo Code and not me?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Irfan,

We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, Upwork sends offers via email, at events, and through partnerships. To ensure you get these emails, you can send a request to the Upwork Support Team so you can start receiving marketing emails again. You can always unsubscribe at any time.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

983 REPLIES 983

Does it reduce the total cost? Then how I can get one?

re: "Does it reduce the total cost? Then how I can get one?"

Syed:

Just leave the promo code blank.

You can not ask for a promo code.

Codes are provided as part of specific promotional events. They are not something that we ask for or look for.

Hello Preston!

Do you work for UPwork Preston!? Lets think about this scenario where I go to a promotional event and I get a promo code.....Is there a policy with Upwork that I cannot share my promotional code I received? Kindly looking for your response! Happy Life!

re: "Do you work for Upwork?"

No.

You can discern which Forum participants actually work for Upwork by the presence of the Upwork logo next to their name. The rest of us are simply Upwork users.

re: "Let' think about this scenario where I go to a promotional event and I get a promo code. Is there a policy with Upwork that I cannot share my promotional code I received?"

You can not share your promotional code with somebody else. If you are provided with a promotional code, it is only for your use.

Thanks Preston for your response! I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I read your response and I have more questions :). Kindly awaiting your response!

Re: "You can not share your promotional code with somebody else. If you are provided with a promotional code, it is only for your use."

My Questions are as follows:

So you mean to say each user gets Unique promotional Code?

Have you been any promotional events?

Did any of the Upwork staff member shared their policy that promotional codes should not be shared and it will not work if multiple users use the same promotional code?

Since you do not work for upwork, How do you know this information? Did any of the upwork staff member shared this information to you at the event? If yes, Could you please share that person who shared you this upwork policy?

Re " I know a man who shared his promo code."  That man became cursed."

His children were all born with a frowny face birthmark on their left thigh. And they were never able to find true love. They married into loveless marriages, and passed this curse down to their children for seven generations."

My Question to your Preston: You Love Ficional Stories ? Now let me share my fictional story :)...I know a human who shared his promo code with pure intentions to help other people....He Lived Life Joyfully, Peacefully and Pleasantly! Sharing is Caring! Happy Life! 

So finally no one knows the Truth!? Can any Upwork staff member give clarity to this question! Patiently awaiting response from a responsible Upwork Staff member to explain promotional code policies set by upwork. Thanks in advance!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ram, 

Upwork events are exclusive for Rising Talent, and Top Rated users only. For some of these events, Upwork hosts give out promo codes for the attendees. These promo codes are for the exclusive use of the users who have attended the event and are given out as a perk. As such, please refrain from sharing these promo codes because this makes this unfair for other users.

~ Avery
Upwork
f37c46a1
Community Member

Amazing!........Truth is Out! Thanks a lot Avery for clarifying the Truth from upwork company perspective. I always like to verify the Truth from its source. Thanks again for giving me CLARITY! Happy Life!

sarpreets
Community Member

I have been a TOP Rated freelancer from a long time, and spending a good amount buying connect every month but never received any promo code so far, does it really exists? or its just to tease people?

Sarpreet, leave the promo code field blank.

Codes are provided as a part of promotional events. They have nothing to do with top rated status.

I always get an error message when I try to buy connects, it's saying the payment method is not valid and I should try something else, I've used the card to purchase before but I can't use it now, please help me 

Hi Ogbonnaya,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

syed,

u just get minmum 10 connects 

Hello ma'am. I saw your response to the promo code but while I try to ignore the promo code and go straight to buy connect, it still refers me back to fill the promo code field space. Hence it's not still working.

Please I need to buy connect ASAP how else can I do this

Hi Ikechukwu,

Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I want to buy connections, where i can find it?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ihsan,

To purchase additional Connects:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Memberships & Connects
  3. Click Add More Connects

Once you’ve selected the bundle you wish to purchase, click ''Add Connects'' and your account will be automatically charged. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Is is compulsory to buy connects? And what is promo code?

re: "Is is compulsory to buy connects?"

No.

Nobody anywhere in the world is required to buy connects.

However, if you are an Upwork freelancer, you may find it beneficial to buy connects. Without connects, you can not send proposals to job postings. If you are receving enough invites from clients, then you don't need to send proposals. But if you are not receiving invites, you may want to send proposals, thus you may want to buy connects.

re: "And what is promo code?"

A promo code is something that you don't have. If you see a "promo code" field, leave it blank.

For the record, promo codes are given to Upwork users as part of special promotional events and other activies that you have not participated in.

Understand ....

how to find promo code Upwork.

re: "how to find promo code Upwork."

Md Shakhawat: You do not have a promo code and you will not receive a promo code.

Leave that field blank.

how to find promo code upwork? Please give me promo code sir.

Emon, leave the promo code field bank.

just click on add connects and buy using ur creidt card or other pyment methods

What is promo code?

Mst.Asiya khatun

Hi Asiya,

Thank you for Promo codes are used to get a discount when purchasing Connects. Offers are sent periodically by Upwork via email, at events, and through partnerships. Unfortunately, we don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment.

To ensure you get the marketing emails in the future, please submit the following form and we’ll add you to the list! You can always unsubscribe at any time.

~ Arjay
Upwork
brijesh-khaped
Community Member

Im new to up work i'm not sure that my account is approved or not. but i could bid. and i lost all 60 bids but did'nt got any project. now i'm very confused is my account is approved? i connected directly to up work tweeter didn't got reply. please help me!

Hi Brijesh, 

Only profile registrations that were approved will have the opportunity to start sending out proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. 

I would recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you with your Upwork career. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for article's link! 

b1311b2f
Community Member

So how can I get it to get connected
tanmay92
Community Member

Hi Petra,

I hope you're doing good. I was one of the top freelancers a few years back and joining UW while it was still odesk, before the merger with elance. I had to take a sabbatical from UW due to my full-time job.
As you know a pandemic has hit and it's going to be tough times ahead.
Thus I want to restart my profile on UW can you please mail me a promo code so that I can buy some connects and restart my UW journey once again.

Regards
Tanmay

129c68b0
Community Member

How to find promo code

Hi Nic,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, offers are sent by Upwork via email, at events, and through partnerships. To ensure you get the marketing emails, please submit this form​ and we’ll add you to the list! You can always unsubscribe at any time.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sikander4ever
Community Member

Hi Petra, I have 23.90$ in my upwork balance, I want to upgade my account to upwork plus , But when i click on activate upwork plus it's asking for master card / paypal account, why don't the charge from my balance? how can i activate upwork pluse .. please help . Thank you !

Hi Sikander,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
5efa0998
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

I would like to purchase Upwork freelancer plus with a promo code or discount code. Please provide me with a promo code or discount code for further processing. Or share ways how can I get it or related facility.

Thanks
Muhammad Asif

Hi Muhammad,

We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Thanks for your interest!
~ Joanne
Upwork
80721a87
Community Member

I need promo code

2167b9aa
Community Member

The system is insisting a promo code

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths