cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get first job..

Sakthi R Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
1 of 57

Dear friends,

Please tell me ... how to get a first job  in upwork.. l'm applied many jobs.. but most of the job are declined others no anwser... what can i do?  please tell me.. and please verify my profile give some suggestion...

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 57

Hi Sakthi,

The first thing you need to do is fix your profile. It is a mix of bad English and meaningless phrases you simply copied and pasted from somewhere else on the web. It is blatantly obvious and any client will immediately notice it. It makes you look at best lazy ("can't she even be bothered to write her own overview!?") and at best incompetent ("Does she not speak English well enough to write her own overview so copy pastes it from the web?") or even dishonest (" how can I trust someone who "steals" other people's work and passes it off as her own?")

If your proposals are like that this would be why you get no responses.

3 of your test results are very poor, at least hide the ones with the low scores.

Your Portfolio items are in the wrong category and are again texts copy pasted from the internet with not a hint of a clue what, if anything at all, you worked on for those "projects."

Personally I would scrap the entire profile and start again, in your own words, in correct English including proper punctuation and capitalization, with absolutely nothing simply stolen from the Internet, and a professional looking photo.

Include your specific professional core strengths, a meaningful work history, your education, and give the prospective clients some incentive to hire you.

Then come back and ask us to take another look!

Good luck!

Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
3 of 57

I agree with Petra for the most part.  The first thing that I noticed was the glaring grammatical errors.  One of the most important qualities when hiring someone for data entry is attention to detail.  It's apparent that there was little attention to detail when creating your profile.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 57

Not everybody is meant to be an Upwork contractor. For many people, their efforts and gifts are best focused in the local economy.

I took a moment to look at your other posts in the community forum. They all focus on your failure to get a job on Upwork.

With respect, Sakthi.... Please, please, please do not apply to any more jobs until the problems on your profile are fixed. You are wasting your time and you are annoying clients.

IF you are willing to put in the effort, we are willing to help you. It will not be easy, but it is possible.

If you work with us here, and make sufficient improvements (which will include posting a very impressive collection of portfolio pieces that represent your own original work), then we will tell you when it is okay to apply for jobs again.

The first thing I want to see is a new profile photo.

Community Leader
Michael Z Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
5 of 57

I think at this point she has not come to the understanding that complaining without changing anything will not be getting her jobs.

Maybe she thinks that she'll get one through here?

I'm willing to give you a job:

Fix your profile. The most basic thing to do is capitalize the first letter of your name.

Sakthi R Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
6 of 57

Thank you to all.. Sure i will make the changes.. 

pavithran s Member Since: Dec 20, 2017
7 of 57

help me im lot of submitted  proposal not response what  do  ?

?

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
8 of 57

Hi Pavithran,

You may want to consider checking out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Joanne
pavithran s Member Since: Dec 20, 2017
9 of 57

why lot of peopels said proposal submitted no response  and  ask question say  some iresponsible

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
10 of 57

Hi Pavithran,

Sending proposals to jobs doesn't always guarantee you get hired or have the opportunity to be interviewed, but don't give up. Please take a look on the suggestions I gave earlier.

Joanne
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS