🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: how to get work on upwork with no experie...
Page options
chshanika
Community Member

how to get work on upwork with no experience

Hi Everyone!, I am Sashini Shanika a experience Data entry  worker. I am using this site from 2  months but still do not get any job. I submited proposal daily but  still  I couldn't find any job , and also some of jobs I achived but thats all jobs are close or expire.  So can anybody guide me how can I start my work on this site? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
essa_alroc
Community Member

Your profile is not good. You have one salary sheet example, which is good, but your job description itself doesn't stand out.  What I see when I look at it is yet another newb willing to work for peanuts because they don't believe in themselves. If someone is looking for very low paying data entry work, you might be one of the thousand he or she considers. 

You want to be successful in data entry? One, raise your rate. Two say "I can type X words per minute with a 98% accuracy rate." Right now you're not standing out. You're just another person calling themselves a hard worker while providing low-cost content fodder. Be better and advertise yourself as such. 

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
essa_alroc
Community Member

Your profile is not good. You have one salary sheet example, which is good, but your job description itself doesn't stand out.  What I see when I look at it is yet another newb willing to work for peanuts because they don't believe in themselves. If someone is looking for very low paying data entry work, you might be one of the thousand he or she considers. 

You want to be successful in data entry? One, raise your rate. Two say "I can type X words per minute with a 98% accuracy rate." Right now you're not standing out. You're just another person calling themselves a hard worker while providing low-cost content fodder. Be better and advertise yourself as such. 

Hi  Stephanie L

Thanks a lot for your solutionSmiley Happy

i am a graphic designer on upwork and i have using upwork for month and a half and still i am not getting any orders

What about now ?

Hello Stephanie L
Can you also check my profile for what's the issue so i have same problem. 
Please tell me what should i improve to do the best profile. 

Best Regards 

@ Rakesh -- Your profile claims that your English is "Native/Bilingual." Any communications that you have with a potential client (assuming that the communications are executed in the same dubious English as you use in your post, above) will make a client doubt the validity of that claim, and such doubt will typically make a client dismiss your profile generally, on the basis that the information contained therein is not to be trusted.

Kindly rate my profile also. let me know my weeknesses

Hi Janean, could you please review my profile and make recommendations for corrections. I am new here. Thanks 

Kindly rate my profile if this thread is still active. Please and thank you!

I am new to Upwork, but if my opinion matters, hear me out:

Your video introduction is cool!

Could you please review my profile and share your suggestions to improve it

manohar p wrote:

How in the world was your profile ever accepted? There is nothing on it other than two poor test results?

No overview, no portfolio. Nothing!

This is horrendous to speak to another human being this way. Constructive criticism is useful feedback - your response is bullying. 

Hello my name is Supriya and I have been trying to get work here but unable to get one. I am good in Excel and accounting and various accounting services. But still no response. Can you please tell me whats wrong in my profile.

Hi Supriya, 

I would recommend that you edit your profile overview to share more about how you can help your target clients with their projects. Check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you with your Upwork career. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi ,could you please recommend me some tips to improve my profile.I didn't get a first order till yet.

Hi Daniyal, 

You may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you with your Upwork career. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
a6097120
Community Member

Hi could you please rate my profile. Thank you 

e29c9625
Community Member

Hi Avery, could you please recommend me some tips to improve my profile.

I am also unable to get work

Hello Petra R,

Could you please, investigate my profile and inform me whether my profile is fit for work?

You can see, I joined Upwork a week ago proposed for 6/7 jobs. Should I continue like this?

If yes, I will buy Connects and try my level best to get my first job.

What improvement should I do to get my first job?

Regards

Md. Shakhawat Hossain

Wow - Ive never read through the UpWork forums until just now. I am shocked that they allow this form of communication! Just as I said to the woman above - this is not constructive - just bullying. 

Kendra R wrote:

Wow - Ive never read through the UpWork forums until just now. I am shocked that they allow this form of communication! Just as I said to the woman above - this is not constructive - just bullying. 

So much for how highly you would appreciate advice.

If you consider constructive advice "bullying" you won't last 5 minutes in freelancing.

tlbp
Community Member

Kendra R wrote:

Here is some constructive advice: Your profile may not contain information (such as the name of your business) that allows clients to contact you directly. Including this type of information in your profile is a violation of Upwork's TOS. 

I have no knowledge about upwork
How to work on upwork
Tell me any person or call me **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Zaid,

You may find helpful tips on how to enhance your profile for greater success, as well as how to prepare proposals that will win more jobs, using the links below:

https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/enhance-your-profile-for-greater-success/
https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/how-to-create-a-proposal-that-wins-jobs/

Felix
Untitled

What's wrong with my profile, I bid many times but I did't get any client, can anybody help please??
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Baber. I checked your profile and would recommend that you remove the skills that are not related to the programming, and developer job category such as - Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, Data Entry. Remember that clients are not looking for generalists, and it would be best if you can focus on your skills in the developing field, rather than adding skills that have no relation to your job category. 

You may also want to try beefing up your profile overview, and sharing more about your skills, and experience. In the past 6-years in this field, what projects did you finish, how good are you at the skills you mentioned? I would also suggest that you add up more portfolio items so that your client can have a look at what sort of projects you have completed in each skill. 

You may want to read up on the resources we have compiled here for more tips on how you can improve your profile, and your proposals on Upwork. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
baberkhan
Community Member

Thanks, but tell me if i want to do data entry too then what i have to do??

Hello Felix, could you please rate my profile I want to know where to make corrections and updates. Thank you 

Shots fired!

Can anyone check my profile and tell me what are issues? I want  work which i didn't get ? 😞

@Rizwan M wrote:

Can anyone check my profile and tell me what are issues? I want  work which i didn't get ? 😞

You just copied and pasted an incredibly boring and meaningless overview text from the Internet. Your portfolio is meant to showcase your best work (if that is "your best work, you'll struggle) and you claim to have fluent English skills which you a) don't need in your category and b) don't have.

Clients looking at your profile find nothing that makes you stand out from the other 50 to 100 people who apply to their jobs. So why would they hire you over all the other people who applied?

Thankyou for your concern.
So, how could i make my profile strong? I am jobless and i need work
because i am the one in family who earn money.

@Rizwan M wrote:
Thankyou for your concern.
So, how could i make my profile strong? I am jobless and i need work
because i am the one in family who earn money.

Research other freelancers who offer the same skills and learn from their profiles, take many tests, don't rely on freelancing for your sole income, it is not reliable even for the most successful ones. 

Hi...Can you please have a look at my profile as well and suggest areas which need improvements?

I landed 3 jobs in the start by since a month I have not got any job on  upwork 😕

Stephanie,

My name is John, and I am having trouble getting work on upwork. I been a member for quite a while, with school I had to focus on.

I finally back but I need some help to look at my profile. Would you mind checking it out.

Thanks

Hello Stephanie L,

Your anwser was very helpful, would you mind taking a look at my profile and giving me advise as well? 

Thanks! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths