cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get work on upwork with no experience

Sashini S Member Since: Oct 30, 2017
1 of 34

Hi Everyone!, I am Sashini Shanika a experience Data entry  worker. I am using this site from 2  months but still do not get any job. I submited proposal daily but  still  I couldn't find any job , and also some of jobs I achived but thats all jobs are close or expire.  So can anybody guide me how can I start my work on this site? Thank you

Ace Contributor
Stephanie L Member Since: Dec 2, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 34

Your profile is not good. You have one salary sheet example, which is good, but your job description itself doesn't stand out.  What I see when I look at it is yet another newb willing to work for peanuts because they don't believe in themselves. If someone is looking for very low paying data entry work, you might be one of the thousand he or she considers. 

You want to be successful in data entry? One, raise your rate. Two say "I can type X words per minute with a 98% accuracy rate." Right now you're not standing out. You're just another person calling themselves a hard worker while providing low-cost content fodder. Be better and advertise yourself as such. 

Sashini S Member Since: Oct 30, 2017
3 of 34

Hi  Stephanie L

Thanks a lot for your solutionSmiley Happy

Mohsin M Member Since: Apr 14, 2019
4 of 34

i am a graphic designer on upwork and i have using upwork for month and a half and still i am not getting any orders

Rakesh K Member Since: Oct 16, 2017
5 of 34

Hello Stephanie L
Can you also check my profile for what's the issue so i have same problem. 
Please tell me what should i improve to do the best profile. 

Best Regards 

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
6 of 34

@ Rakesh -- Your profile claims that your English is "Native/Bilingual." Any communications that you have with a potential client (assuming that the communications are executed in the same dubious English as you use in your post, above) will make a client doubt the validity of that claim, and such doubt will typically make a client dismiss your profile generally, on the basis that the information contained therein is not to be trusted.

manohar p Member Since: Jan 5, 2019
7 of 34
Could you please review my profile and share your suggestions to improve it
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 34

manohar p wrote:

How in the world was your profile ever accepted? There is nothing on it other than two poor test results?

No overview, no portfolio. Nothing!

Kendra R Member Since: Feb 27, 2019
9 of 34

This is horrendous to speak to another human being this way. Constructive criticism is useful feedback - your response is bullying. 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
10 of 34

manohar p wrote:

Not cool. There are people here that actually make an effort and deserve to win jobs. You not one of them. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS