🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » how to get work on upwork with no experience
Page options
chshanika
Community Member

how to get work on upwork with no experience

Hi Everyone!, I am Sashini Shanika a experience Data entry  worker. I am using this site from 2  months but still do not get any job. I submited proposal daily but  still  I couldn't find any job , and also some of jobs I achived but thats all jobs are close or expire.  So can anybody guide me how can I start my work on this site? Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
essa_alroc
Community Member

Your profile is not good. You have one salary sheet example, which is good, but your job description itself doesn't stand out.  What I see when I look at it is yet another newb willing to work for peanuts because they don't believe in themselves. If someone is looking for very low paying data entry work, you might be one of the thousand he or she considers. 

You want to be successful in data entry? One, raise your rate. Two say "I can type X words per minute with a 98% accuracy rate." Right now you're not standing out. You're just another person calling themselves a hard worker while providing low-cost content fodder. Be better and advertise yourself as such. 

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

I'm new in upwork,

How can i get job?

Is it tough here to get a job?

Impossible .Try not to give upwork any $$$. Thats what they want you to do.  Upwork's revenue stream comes from its applicants base It  makes cash from charging applicants for services. The more applicants/newbies the more revenue upwork generates. Once you understand the business model you can appreciate how futile this service is for most applicants. 

Paul O wrote:

Upwork's revenue stream comes from its applicants base It  makes cash from charging applicants for services. 

Hilarious!

Of course, the vast bulk of Upwork's revenue comes from their cut of the hundreds of millions of Dollars earned by freelancers every year, not on the pittance spent on connects or memberships.

Paul O wrote:

Once you understand the business model

You've clearly not understood the business model.

Hello,

Could you please review my account? I am not getting orders as a virtual assistant. 

Regards,

Mustafa **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello 

I didnt getting work in upwork? kindly see my profile and tell me if there need improvements?

Regards,

Gurwinder

Hi,
Could you please review my profile and share your suggestions to improve my profile.

Can you please take a look at my profile and tell me my weaknesses? Thank youu

I need your help, my profile is a 100% complete, portfolio set,  yet I think am lacking something because I have not landed more jobs despite proposals, can you help me out 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Sunday, switch your first and second paragraphs.

Hi I don't if this thread is still available for you to reply but I'm new to upwork and I've been trying to get hired for a month now and keep sending proposals and not yet hired.. I try to keep inproving my profile even though I don't have any experience to show but my past designs from my recent works for education purposes. I really want to make use of my creativity I enjoy doing ppts and other designs so I also put some of them in my portfolio, I don't know if there is something wrong with my profile..can you olease give me advice how to improve it even though I am a real newbie into freelance world? You can check my profile to see what's wrong if you have time, Thank you! 

Can you please have a look at my profile. I am having the same problem, i am not getting any order

Hello there. I am very pleased to hear your response to a freelancer. I'm also not getting jobs on upwork despite I know how to deliver quality work. I guess my profile may be not that attractive. I might be wrong. Could you plz sneak into my profile and guide me. Some tips will greatly be helpful.

Here's my profile link. Tell what I'm missing to get jobs?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01bb3f5a890673d76e

Thanks

Hello Stephanie L

Can you also check my profile for what's the issue?
Please tell me what should i improve to do the best profile.

Best Regards

Hello stephanie, kindly have a look at my profile to i have 4 months in upwork but i havent get a serious client its only the con who refer you to go telegram for more information.Kindly assist.

Hi Stephanie, 

Can you kindly review my profile so I can understand what's going on an why I can't seem to find any jobs? It's not the first time I try to work as a freelancer online, I've tried with other websites and yesterday I thought I should give myself a "last" try.

That being said, from yesterday I've been applying for jobs in search for getting my first gig but either most of them require higher experience that I have or I have the required experience and those clients do not reply.

Thank you for your time, 

Luís Poupinha 

Hello community can you help me why im 3x declined from upwork job..what was the problem of my upwork profile how can i make it good way?

r2streu
Community Member

I'm seeing a whole lot of "you" in here, and not a whole lot of what you can do for the client. Below is a QUICK edit to use as a starting point.

Hey everyone! I am a native Dutch speaker and fluent English speaker. I've done different kind of jobs with different kinds of themes. Some of them are legal translation, general translation, data entry, transcribing and much more. I am an articulate, confident person who relishes challenges and working under pressure. I want to gain employment where my education, work experience, skills and potentials, will be utilized and can be used effectively. I am self-driven, can do multitasking, detail-oriented and self-motivated individual. Well-versed in using MS EXCEL, MS WORD, PowerPoint & Movie Maker. I am accurate and have a fast keying skills with 100wpm and sound knowledge of computer applications. I have proven ability to collect and manage information efficiently and accurately. I am excellent in written and verbal communication skills and have a strong desire to work hard and perform well. I also have an ability to work to deadlines and to work fast; also and have a keen attention to work details. I don't want to praise myself. Because I believe in work, not words. We can work together for more profitable & good work relations. Just message me and let me know as soon as you read this, so that I can start as soon as possible.Thanks for reviewing my profile..

k_waththage
Community Member

Also me this problem.plz guide me

@Kasuni W wrote:
Also me this problem.plz guide me

Kasuni, the problem is, you only offer one skill, and you present in your profile that you can't do it, so there is no incentive to hire you. 

Hello, can anyone please check my profile and tell me what's wrong and why am i not getting any jobs despite having done several modifications and improvements??!
tina_tishev
Community Member

Hi, 

I would really appreciate your support on my profile! I am new to Upwork and really trying to make this work, however I still think that my profile needs more work. Any suggestions?

Would highly appreciate it, thank you! 

@ Tina --

Maybe it's just me, but after I have read your profile, I don't really understand what you will be able to offer in cyberspace. You seem to do sports-related marketing --?-- Not sure if that's a niche for which there is much demand on UpWork. (Could be; I'm just not sure.)

The rest of your profile, where you offer clear linguistic skills and enthusiasm, etc. would be fine additions to a resumé in the brick-and-mortar world, but are essentially useless in UpWork. Clients come to hire for very specific tasks -- not to find Bright Young Things who will be cheerful and fast-learning interns.

Tina T wrote:

Hi, 

I would really appreciate your support on my profile! I am new to Upwork and really trying to make this work, however I still think that my profile needs more work. Any suggestions?

Would highly appreciate it, thank you! 

Your picture is good, but a neutral background would be better.

Further I agree with Janean, it's a bit unclear what skills you want to offer. Focus on a description of what you can do, and be specific. Research the job postings, but before you apply to them, craft a "job description" out of the things clients want to have done, and concentrate on one or two major skills. 

When you apply to jobs, make your proposal grab the client and answer how you can solve his problem or make his life easier. 

janetvarga39
Community Member

Plz help me to have an experience here to work this kind of sites...

re: "Plz help me to have an experience here to work this kind of sites..."

Janet:

No. That is not how this works.

Study this: Getting Started on Upwork

You may post a question again in the Forum after you have thoroughly studied that and followed the directions, if you have a specific question that has not already been addressed in any thread.

shvet5
Community Member

I have been member of upwrok since it has merged from other 2 sites and am trying to keep working but i didnt get that much of work from here (Well i am not making fault of upwrok for that), as it always depends on client and developer(In this case me), So I have to show them my expeirence in Android Development (As i am Android developer) and our portfolio should have our work done. 

They are ways for that if you are newbie into upwork,

1) you have to show your work into your proposal everytime you write one,

2) you are new into upwrok and has no reputation you have to start with low budget and small work,

3) For large budget with very big project, client will check profile and your reviews from other client, because they will not trust new developer as everyone has bad experience with newbie and can not differentiate between professional and fresh developer.

0223880a
Community Member

Hi

Can anyone please review my profile and suggest the areas which need improvement? I am a member here for quite some time but I still didn't got any job.

Regards

Rasmeet

9a2ab891
Community Member

Hey Stephanie, 

My name is Chukwuemeka and loved what I read about you.

Please can you assist to view my profile and advise on how to revamp it to make it glamorous to client's.

I will really appreciate your input and knowledge sharing.

Regards.

Chukwuemeka Nwangbo

fd58510c
Community Member

Hi,

I am very new to upwork and really need a job. I request someone to look at my profile and recommend areas of improvement.

Kind rgds,

Margaret

bedb3d60
Community Member

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie. Can anyone please have a look at my profile that needs improvement? 

531fd2a2
Community Member

Hello 

Can someone please help check my profile and tell me what's wrong I have not gotten any gig since I joined Upwork last year

d2656637
Community Member

If you are new to UpWork and are having problems getting your first job, consider doing some small jobs outside your expertise. Some jobs like "speaking phrases for $10" anybody can do. Then your profile will show that you have done work, and you may even get a good review!

Please how can I do that?

0dd24a5d
Community Member

Good morning .can i ask for help regarding the portfolio. how can i have a or work with my portfolio i never been working since i graduated.But i do online selling and online ticketing and services and do partime job as pump attendant.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths