cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get work on upwork with no experience

Kendra R Member Since: Feb 27, 2019
11 of 34

Wow - Ive never read through the UpWork forums until just now. I am shocked that they allow this form of communication! Just as I said to the woman above - this is not constructive - just bullying. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 34

Kendra R wrote:

Wow - Ive never read through the UpWork forums until just now. I am shocked that they allow this form of communication! Just as I said to the woman above - this is not constructive - just bullying. 

So much for how highly you would appreciate advice.

If you consider constructive advice "bullying" you won't last 5 minutes in freelancing.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
13 of 34

Kendra R wrote:

Here is some constructive advice: Your profile may not contain information (such as the name of your business) that allows clients to contact you directly. Including this type of information in your profile is a violation of Upwork's TOS. 

Zaid U Member Since: Feb 3, 2018
14 of 34

I have no knowledge about upwork
How to work on upwork
Tell me any person or call me **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Leader
Felix M Member Since: Dec 9, 2017
15 of 34

Hi Zaid,

You may find helpful tips on how to enhance your profile for greater success, as well as how to prepare proposals that will win more jobs, using the links below:

https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/enhance-your-profile-for-greater-success/
https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/how-to-create-a-proposal-that-wins-jobs/

Felix
Untitled
Baber K Member Since: May 24, 2018
16 of 34
What's wrong with my profile, I bid many times but I did't get any client, can anybody help please??
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
17 of 34

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Baber. I checked your profile and would recommend that you remove the skills that are not related to the programming, and developer job category such as - Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, Data Entry. Remember that clients are not looking for generalists, and it would be best if you can focus on your skills in the developing field, rather than adding skills that have no relation to your job category. 

You may also want to try beefing up your profile overview, and sharing more about your skills, and experience. In the past 6-years in this field, what projects did you finish, how good are you at the skills you mentioned? I would also suggest that you add up more portfolio items so that your client can have a look at what sort of projects you have completed in each skill. 

You may want to read up on the resources we have compiled here for more tips on how you can improve your profile, and your proposals on Upwork. Good luck!

-Avery
Untitled
Baber K Member Since: May 24, 2018
18 of 34

Thanks, but tell me if i want to do data entry too then what i have to do??

Austin F Member Since: Aug 14, 2018
19 of 34
Shots fired!
Rizwan M Member Since: Nov 28, 2018
20 of 34

Can anyone check my profile and tell me what are issues? I want  work which i didn't get ? Smiley Sad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS