Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get work on upwork with no experience

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 34

@Rizwan M wrote:

Can anyone check my profile and tell me what are issues? I want  work which i didn't get ? Smiley Sad

You just copied and pasted an incredibly boring and meaningless overview text from the Internet. Your portfolio is meant to showcase your best work (if that is "your best work, you'll struggle) and you claim to have fluent English skills which you a) don't need in your category and b) don't have.

Clients looking at your profile find nothing that makes you stand out from the other 50 to 100 people who apply to their jobs. So why would they hire you over all the other people who applied?

Rizwan M Member Since: Nov 28, 2018
22 of 34
Thankyou for your concern.
So, how could i make my profile strong? I am jobless and i need work
because i am the one in family who earn money.
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
23 of 34

@Rizwan M wrote:
Thankyou for your concern.
So, how could i make my profile strong? I am jobless and i need work
because i am the one in family who earn money.

Research other freelancers who offer the same skills and learn from their profiles, take many tests, don't rely on freelancing for your sole income, it is not reliable even for the most successful ones. 

Azka N Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
24 of 34

Hi...Can you please have a look at my profile as well and suggest areas which need improvements?

I landed 3 jobs in the start by since a month I have not got any job on  upwork :/

John C Member Since: Aug 8, 2019
25 of 34
Stephanie,

My name is John, and I am having trouble getting work on upwork. I been a member for quite a while, with school I had to focus on.

I finally back but I need some help to look at my profile. Would you mind checking it out.

Thanks
Community Guru
Randy S Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
26 of 34

I'm seeing a whole lot of "you" in here, and not a whole lot of what you can do for the client. Below is a QUICK edit to use as a starting point.

Hey everyone! I am a native Dutch speaker and fluent English speaker. I've done different kind of jobs with different kinds of themes. Some of them are legal translation, general translation, data entry, transcribing and much more. I am an articulate, confident person who relishes challenges and working under pressure. I want to gain employment where my education, work experience, skills and potentials, will be utilized and can be used effectively. I am self-driven, can do multitasking, detail-oriented and self-motivated individual. Well-versed in using MS EXCEL, MS WORD, PowerPoint & Movie Maker. I am accurate and have a fast keying skills with 100wpm and sound knowledge of computer applications. I have proven ability to collect and manage information efficiently and accurately. I am excellent in written and verbal communication skills and have a strong desire to work hard and perform well. I also have an ability to work to deadlines and to work fast; also and have a keen attention to work details. I don't want to praise myself. Because I believe in work, not words. We can work together for more profitable & good work relations. Just message me and let me know as soon as you read this, so that I can start as soon as possible.Thanks for reviewing my profile..

Kasuni W Member Since: Nov 10, 2018
27 of 34
Also me this problem.plz guide me
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
29 of 34

@Kasuni W wrote:
Also me this problem.plz guide me

Kasuni, the problem is, you only offer one skill, and you present in your profile that you can't do it, so there is no incentive to hire you. 

Hasna K Member Since: Jan 8, 2019
30 of 34
Hello, can anyone please check my profile and tell me what's wrong and why am i not getting any jobs despite having done several modifications and improvements??!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS