cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get work on upwork with no experience

Tina T Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
31 of 34

Hi, 

I would really appreciate your support on my profile! I am new to Upwork and really trying to make this work, however I still think that my profile needs more work. Any suggestions?

Would highly appreciate it, thank you! 

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
32 of 34

@ Tina --

Maybe it's just me, but after I have read your profile, I don't really understand what you will be able to offer in cyberspace. You seem to do sports-related marketing --?-- Not sure if that's a niche for which there is much demand on UpWork. (Could be; I'm just not sure.)

The rest of your profile, where you offer clear linguistic skills and enthusiasm, etc. would be fine additions to a resumé in the brick-and-mortar world, but are essentially useless in UpWork. Clients come to hire for very specific tasks -- not to find Bright Young Things who will be cheerful and fast-learning interns.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
33 of 34

Tina T wrote:

Hi, 

I would really appreciate your support on my profile! I am new to Upwork and really trying to make this work, however I still think that my profile needs more work. Any suggestions?

Would highly appreciate it, thank you! 

Your picture is good, but a neutral background would be better.

Further I agree with Janean, it's a bit unclear what skills you want to offer. Focus on a description of what you can do, and be specific. Research the job postings, but before you apply to them, craft a "job description" out of the things clients want to have done, and concentrate on one or two major skills. 

When you apply to jobs, make your proposal grab the client and answer how you can solve his problem or make his life easier. 

Janet V Member Since: Mar 6, 2019
34 of 34
Plz help me to have an experience here to work this kind of sites...
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS