🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: how to receive payment other than contrac...
Page options
c29e621a
Community Member

how to receive payment other than contract money?

Hello. So, I have a question(confusion) I would like you to answer:

- how to get payment other than order payment? Suppose I am building a webiste for a client and he tells me to buy hosting for him. IN that case, I will need payment from him before I start working so I can purchase the hosting. Once I purchase, he pays me through fiverr for builging the website. But what about the payment I need to buy hosting. If I rely on fiverr, I will have to wait 14 days until money is cleard and then I buy the hosting and then I start buildign the website.

So, what is the way that a client can send me money direcly for the hosting?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Fozia A wrote:OnceI purchase, he pays me through fiverr for builging the website.

I would hope not.... considering this is Upwork.

Get the client to buy their own hosting and domain, as otherwise it gets complicated, plus you end up having to pay fee on the expenses payment.

Fozia A wrote:

So, what is the way that a client can send me money direcly for the hosting?

The client CAN send the money as an expense payment, but you'd pay a 20% fee on the amount, plus withdrawal fee and the money still takes 5 days to clear. Much better for the client to buy the domain and hosting themselves so they have control over THEIR website and all that has anything to do with it.

c29e621a
Community Member

thanks for the answer. but the scenario I shared was just for examples. There are a lot of other examples other than buying hosting where a freelancer needs direct money from the client. So what to do in this case? thanks. 

petra_r
Community Member

Fozia A wrote:

So what to do in this case?  

The same applies. It is much better for the client to pay for whatever it is themselves, directly. 

The only alternative is to accept paying the Upwork fee in addition to the "direct money".

I also have to say that in 10 years on this platform Ive never had a situation where I needed "direct money" from a client.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths