🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: how to upload the portfolio
Page options
oleksakrasnova
Community Member

how to upload the portfolio

Hi everyone,

I need a help with portfolio upload. My images were cut and look ugly (

Do we have anywhere instructions how to do it? in what formats?

How to upload the portfolio in format like this guy have (as an example of cool portfolio) https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01eff86e60496166ee?p=1163791392634499072

Many thanks for help,

Oleksandra

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Oleksandra,

When you upload your image, you will see a preview which is in a cropped, square size. There is also an edit icon there that will prompt you to adjust the cropped square. If you ignore the edit icon and don't edit the crop, you can publish your portfolio and the images will be displayed in the original ratio (not a square). Please try uploading your image again and let us know if you're able to publish the image in the original size, without cropping it. 

Let me know if you experience the same problem after this, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Oleksandra,

When you upload your image, you will see a preview which is in a cropped, square size. There is also an edit icon there that will prompt you to adjust the cropped square. If you ignore the edit icon and don't edit the crop, you can publish your portfolio and the images will be displayed in the original ratio (not a square). Please try uploading your image again and let us know if you're able to publish the image in the original size, without cropping it. 

Let me know if you experience the same problem after this, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much ))

Oh, no (
My portfolio looks great when I open it.
But the cover image displays cutted as after editing (like square).
Please find attached the screenshot

Oleksandra K wrote:
Oh, no (
My portfolio looks great when I open it.
But the cover image displays cutted as after editing (like square).
Please find attached the screenshot

It's scaled. You can try uploading with 1:1 ratio of the original image.

Or, don't. Your portfolio looks great as is. I see an enticing image which makes me click on it. Nothing to fix.

I think it looks not professional when it cutted like this (see attached photos).

Oleksandra K wrote:
I think it looks not professional when it cutted like this (see attached photos).

Than try the first option?

Create an 1:1 image and upload that one.
When scaled, it will retain all parts of the image.

I've been trying for 2 days to upload an image to my portfolio. No matter how I resize it it keeps cropping.

I've tried not editing the thumbnail, resizing to the proportion of the window, changing the pixel dimensions, nothing works. Why?

pcelnc
Community Member

No matter how I resize an image it still gets cropped in the published version after I upload it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

The frame for portfolio images is horizontal. That's why the recommended dimensions have more pixels for width than for height (1000px width x 750px height is recommended). You could try different pictures, that's horizontal or rework current images to add borders to those and make them horizontal. To learn more about portfolios, check this help article.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pcelnc
Community Member

I'm having trouble uploading an image to my portfolio. I can't get an uncropped image.

I've followed all the suggestions from the support person posted in community help but nothing works.

I keep getting vertical cropping. I've resized the image, cropped it myself before posting it and added a border. Nothing is working. I posted many images to my portfolio before and this never happened.

I'm attaching the most recent version of the image.

pcelnc
Community Member

I've already read this suggestion. It doesn't work.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

It looks like the image you're trying to upload is vertical. Which means that when it's uploaded in Gallery template, it gets cropped. Gallery template requires pictures to be in horizontal or landscape format. So you can alter the image by adding borders on each side and then upload it in Gallery template. Alternatively, you can select Classic template when creating the portfolio item. That template allows images that are vertical or portrait format.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pcelnc
Community Member

You're wrong. Did you look at the image? it's horizontal.
I'm re-attaching it. It's 8.5"X7.68".
pcelnc
Community Member

I re-posted using the classic template. It worked!

Thanks,

Peter

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths