Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: i cannot submit my work...

blhh1982
Ben L Member Since: Jun 13, 2016
1 of 6

hello,

i have submit issue, i have 2 milestones in 1 job, it's means i have to submit seperately? right?

so, i submit the 1st part in yesterday, and today when i try to submit 2nd part to complete my 2nd milestone, i realize 

that the second milestone is disappear.(dont have submit button)

may i know who can explain this to me?

thanks a lot.

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 6

What do you mean? The file can be uploaded via the message center.  If trust has been built between you and your client, the "SUBMIT" button will not be necessary anymore.  Just make sure that you do not start on a milestone that has not been funded.  By the way, there is a huge difference between the words "can" and "may".  Editing and revising one's work falls under the "may" category.

dreamseller
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
3 of 6

Looks like your client didn't approve the first milestone and funded the second one yet. Ask your client to do so. 

Don't submit work without funded milestone on a fixed priced job, unless you want to work for free. 

blhh1982
Ben L Member Since: Jun 13, 2016
4 of 6

dear mr delwar,

so next step i need to do is resubmit my 1st part job? or just straightforward upload second part?

thank you for answer me.

dreamseller
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
5 of 6

re:  "so next step i need to do is resubmit my 1st part job?"

No, you don't need to re-submit 1st part of the job, as you already have done so. You can ask your client politely if you wish, but it will be approved automatically if your client doesn't respond within 14 days of your submission. 

re: "or just straightforward upload second part?"

No, you shouldn't upload the second part of the job via Message Center / Inbox yet, just ask your client to fund the 2nd milestone so the " Submit Work / Request Payment " button will appear for you.

View solution in original post

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 6

@Ben L wrote:

i have submit issue, i have 2 milestones in 1 job, it's means i have to submit seperately? right?

so, i submit the 1st part in yesterday, and today when i try to submit 2nd part to complete my 2nd milestone, i realize 

that the second milestone is disappear.(dont have submit button)

That means the second milestone has NOT been funded (I guess it does not say "funded" next to it?)

Contrary to the nonsense advised above, please do NOT submit the second milestone via messages, email, smoke signals or carrier pidgeon or any other way until

1) The first one has been APPROVED and RELEASED

and

2) The second one has been FUNDED (which can only happen if the first one is approved first.)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS