🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » i got warning msg from upwork when i chat wit...
Page options
manik-dev94
Community Member

i got warning msg from upwork when i chat with a client

Hi Everyone 

i have a question my client use this sentence 
"I have tested Paypal payment gateways with a sandbox account and as it stands it's working."

and i get instent msg from upwork like this 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mwWKm4JlBN5HTZYL4RiPVyMaKUUZivxs/view?usp=drivesdk

we could not share any type of information regarding the payment outside the platform 
i always follow the upwork term and conditions properly

i think this msg come because client use the word "PAYPAL" but its nothing related with the outside payment its related with his website.
so can you please anyone suggest me is there any issue with me.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
yitwail
Community Member

Manik, I don’t believe you have anything to worry about, but I am not an Upwork employee so I could be mistaken. If you want to feel safer, you could mention to the client something like “Mr. X, can you confirm that we are only discussing PayPal as the gateway your website uses to collect payments and not as a method through which you will pay me off platform.”

Hi Manik,

Thanks for the question. Please note that this is an educational message that appears in Messages when certain keywords are used. It's designed to help keep our users safe and as well as ensure they use Upwork in line with Upwork TOS. You're free to continue discussing setting up this segment of the client's project with them. Note that your account won't be affected by the message.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths