🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: i have a foreign currency account in my l...
Page options
shtalha666
Community Member

i have a foreign currency account in my local bank in Pakistan

hi,

I am working on upwork from few months and I have a USD currency account in my local bank in Pakistan. Though our country currency is Pakistani Rupees but as I have USD currency account in my local bank i have choose  to withdraw money in USD currency in that bank account. But when i have enter in withdrawal banks it is still showing it in Pakistani rupees as currency type. Moreover i have  received mail of payment received from upwork  on 5th of august,2020 but still no money is deposited in my local bank.

Please resolve the issue.

thankyou

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Talha,

I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that it was successful from our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Talha W wrote:

I am working on upwork from few months and I have a USD currency account in my local bank in Pakistan. Though our country currency is Pakistani Rupees but as I have USD currency account in my local bank i have choose  to withdraw money in USD currency in that bank account. But when i have enter in withdrawal banks it is still showing it in Pakistani rupees as currency type. 

"Direct to local bank" is always in local currency.

Only Wire Transfer is done in US Dollars and costs $ 30 per withdrawal.

Withdrawals take 2 to 5 business days excluding weekends and holidays. If your withdrawal has not arrived after 8 business days, you can ask Upwork to initiate a trace. But if you have chosen "direct to local bank" into a US-Dollar account, that may not work because the funds would arrive in the wrong currency, which not all accounts accept.

hi, what should i do now as i have other bank account in my local
currency.the notification of receiving that amount in my USD account will
be reversed or what? can u plz guide??
Thanks

hi,
thankyou for your feedback. As now I have received the message from upwork that my amount is deposited in that account which I have provided them in USD currency which has not received any amount yet. Moreover I have other bank accounts which is in local currency that is Pakistani rupees. I have provided that, will that payment will be reversed in my upwork account or I have to talk to some customer support?

please guide.
thanks

Hi Talha,

I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that it was successful from our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hi my payment was sent to my Local Pakistani bank in which I have opened a USD currency account I didn't knew that the money will always be transferred in Rupees.Now I have changed the bank to Pakistani rupees so please resolve my issue as the money is being send on 5th August but its not being received in my bank nor in my upwork account balance.

I am attaching the Reference ID 318146535 with in the file for further information.

Thanks

Hi Talha,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths