🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: i have submitted 49 proposal out of which...
Page options
bc94f1cf
Community Member

i have submitted 49 proposal out of which 3 were view and 3 were interview and 3 jobs

i have submitted 49 proposal out of which 3 were view and 3 were interview and 3 jobs,

done my research...out of 49 proposals 80% clients didnt even interviewed anyone, 15% interviewed the freelancers they sent invite only.

why my other proposals were not seen?

clients should also be considered to spent their connects for the job posting so that ours could be saved!

not hireing after the job posting and have several proposals is not spamming?any action against such clients?

those connects should be returned for which the job was closed without hiring or was removed for so...

56 REPLIES 56
tjmisny
Community Member

I agree 100%, Syed.

I have only applied to 7 jobs in the past 30 days... only viewed 2 out of 7 times.  No interviews.  I am Expert Vetted, 100% JSS, nearly $300k earnings.  All but one of my 7 applications were boosted.

There has to be an explanation for why Clients are posting jobs that nobody is being interviewed for, or that nobody is hiring for.  

bc94f1cf
Community Member

Agree Thomas, you as a expert facing the situation and i am just rising talent but working really hard as a contracts attorney ----submitted total 51 proposals till now..spending almost all of my earning on upwork. Disappointment😑

Need to know the same answer too

platforms were formed for the growth of freelancers ,now doing adverse!

Same here and when I check the post nobody was hired or interviewed. dunno if Upwork is aware of this thing as our connects is being wasted😕

wwd247
Community Member

Your success on Upwork is pretty impressive; when did you see a decline? If there is a decline, do you believe this is due to more freelancers in relation to job posts, or maybe there are just fewer job posts these days? 

Many thanks in advance. 

Kin regards,

Darren 

81f2681a
Community Member

I think a good solution could be if clients could post until 5 jobs maximum at same time. I realy doubt that a client can manage more than 5 projects at same time, so posting 5 is totaly just enough. Then if he hires and projects is done sucessfully he can gain points, the more points he have, he can have more "slots" to post jobs until 10.

Example: A client posted 5 jobs, he hired on these 5 jobs and were sucessfull done. He gain 5 points (1 per job), when he reachs 10 points, he gets more 1 slot, now he can post 6 jobs at same time. Then he will go on, more jobs sussefully done, more slots to post jobs at same time.

This way, instead of posting like crazy, they would post jobs that is realy important to them.

nice approach

30b92686
Community Member

Getting a return of connects when the client abandons the project would be really helpful to freelancers.

sure baraka ,they actually mean alot for the new freelancers atleast.

Yes It's really helpful

shahryar008
Community Member

I agree 100%, Syed.

need to do something, what you suggest?

jackwc
Community Member

In the last thirty days I have 49 proposals out of which only 17 were viewed and interviewed for 4. I wonder if the reason that the other 32 proposals were not viewed because they had already hired someone, had ad blockers ingaged , or simply were fishing.

bc94f1cf
Community Member

go back to your job proposals----then to relevent job postings ---then analyze the details that those clients haven't even interviewed or hired anyone...and this goes to almost 80 % of the jobs.

ad2702d2
Community Member

Agreed! I can't apply for further jobs because I know that client wants to hire an expert even on the $5 job. Then tell me what to do.

Those clients are something else, lol! They want full-time work, must be a pro, know everything in that field like you graduated specifically for the thing he needs at $2 per hour.
It is shameful.

you are exactly right but the clients sleeps or whatever, after posting a job and does not interview anyone!

Lol i see this all the time

this is really hard to go with but dont lose hope, we as a community should speakout or do something in this regard. what do you suggest?

ali_sabz
Community Member

Basically before submitting a proposal, first check the hiring rate (this should be atleast 60%-70% if you are new), payment method (only apply when payment method verified), and the other thing you need to check the number proposals submitted. If more than 15-20 submitted and the client didn't see the Job for about hour or more then don't apply or if after 20 proposals he did not started an interview then do not apply. also check if the client sent invites or not. do not apply if some invites are sent.

Thanks

brother all was done ,even then all this happened!

I agree, these parameters disqualify an alarming amount of the available job postings, but at least you know you aren't wasting connects.

jamilpk
Community Member

Actually, the main reason for not giving responses to jobs is that client prefer to solve the issue by themself, when they get stuck or thinks they are unable to do this task then after 100 struggles he posts a job on Upwork, while on Upwork freelancers submit their proposals with enough connects with the hope that client will reply soon but nothing soon client search here and there, he scrolls youtube, googles blogs, forums, until he got the solution of the problem from somewhere that's why he cannot respond to job proposals even they forgot for life-time that they have posted a job on Upwork. This is a reason

bc94f1cf
Community Member

this may be the one!

abraham-ortiz
Community Member

Latealy its been crazy for me to see feelancers spend 15 or 20 conects in their proposals and yes, i checked and most of the clients dont even see your proposal or dont hire anybody. 

Can we check how many connects have been submitted by top bidders???

bc94f1cf
Community Member

yes if you have a plus membership

yes..its really disappointing!

527f161d
Community Member

Unfortunately I have applied many. But just got one job out of 12 proposals. 

good ratio in this regard, dont give up brother ...the problem should be addressed by the @upwork

c17e531a
Community Member

Getting a return of connects when the client abandons the project it's helpful to freelancers.

no doubt

spookstb
Community Member

I agree with everyone above, however, I'm not sure how we would solve this. If proposals didn't cost connects, potential jobs would be flooded with even more proposals. If Upwork charged people more to post jobs, it could mean that people only posted projects that they are serious about completing and remove the threat of jobs being posted on multiple platforms, but it's more probable that it would actually only lead to no new jobs being posted. Either solution ends up costing freelancers.

What I do think Upwork can do is remove some of the noise on both the clients' and the freelancers' side, meaning no more jobs from clients with unverified payment details, and being stricter on profiles who are bots/agencies/phishing. My job feed for freelance writing work is littered with postings that are obviously not legit.

That said, it is a highly competitive and saturated market, having a marketable skill is only the first step. I'd suggest working on your proposals and trying to build up a base of clients who offer regular work and will use you again.

you are right but i am a contracts attorney and i apply with best proposals , certifications and drafts even but 90% even havent viewed it or anyones proposal even...

d11622e4
Community Member

Relatable, if the client just responds to the proposals we can save the connects. This is very ridiculous 

i use to apply most recent job with minutes they are posted but still ...

mariyammuir
Community Member

hi every one

the best solution for the above-mentioned discussion is according to my judgement of one year on Upwork is try to check the client's hiring rate before bidding and also check how many proposals he had. if the proposals by other freelancers are more than 20 don't bid and if the client sends someone invites try to wait and see if the bidding is worth for ...and also check clients' recently hired freelancers, sometimes they hire the same person again and again..hope this information will help

job which i applied had 50+ hiring rate, i applied within miutes they were posted

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths