🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » i have submitted 49 proposal out of which 3 w...
Page options
bc94f1cf
Community Member

i have submitted 49 proposal out of which 3 were view and 3 were interview and 3 jobs

i have submitted 49 proposal out of which 3 were view and 3 were interview and 3 jobs,

done my research...out of 49 proposals 80% clients didnt even interviewed anyone, 15% interviewed the freelancers they sent invite only.

why my other proposals were not seen?

clients should also be considered to spent their connects for the job posting so that ours could be saved!

not hireing after the job posting and have several proposals is not spamming?any action against such clients?

those connects should be returned for which the job was closed without hiring or was removed for so...

56 REPLIES 56
fa3bd030
Community Member

I agree with you, upwork core team should do something about it

yes brother they should because freelancers are getting annoyed now

you're right. 

yes they should do because community is being loud with this problem

0219fee3
Community Member

100 % agreed

upwork should look into it

tsvetelinbotev
Community Member

Hello, from my experience, I would highly recommend you to aim for jobs that fit your level of work and vision of course. Once you find these jobs, please read carefully about what the business owner is looking for and how you solve his problems! I always check where they are from, what is their local time, do they have experience working with clients, whether they are verified or not already, etc. That helps me to get them to know me better before I even start writing or shooting my proposals (based on the project). Also, getting to know the business owner's name from their profile reviews helps you to get on a more personal level with the client.

Please always make sure that your proposals are not copy+paste. What differentiates you in the highly competitive market is that you can start giving value to your proposal by defining how you solve your client issues from your experience. What's needed? What is your process? 

Also, you can always work on improving your profile, communication, portfolio,etc.

P.S.

Lesson 1: If you want to inspire others, always communicate your why first.

This is Simon’s key idea in a nutshell: “People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.”

Every company in the world knows what they do, which is why it’s the first thing they tell people about. But rationale is a weak way of trying to get us to make decisions, probably the weakest of them all.

That’s because emotions trump reason every time. When we make a decision based on a strong why, we own it.

Only when we know why we do things, will we feel a sense of belonging. That’s why it’s a much more powerful way of getting us to decide.

Once we are sold on the cause of an idea, we’ll go above and beyond to support it with our money and time. And in the cases of some movements, even with our lives.

Great leaders and companies naturally get this right. They start all communication with why they do things, eventually followed by how they do things. And they reveal what it is they actually do very last.

Apple is a great example. First, they tell us why they’re here to shake things up, then they tell us how (with easy-to-use, beautifully designed products). Finally, we find out what they make: computers, phones, tablets, and mp3-players.

Hope that helps you get more clients.

Best,

Tsvetelin B.

Awesome points listed!

Thanks, that helped me personally, hope it helps many other people get the clients they want to work with!

WHY, HOW AND WHAT  ...was a good one!

but brother ,there is a problem going on because i analayse the job then the client then stats then form a custom proposal with questions related to the job then submit it. i only apply to jobs with which are posted within 1 hour so that the client may be active but there is something wrong...dont know what 😞

If you are not getting hired, then work on your profile, presence, and portfolio! Many people underestimate their presence! Think about how you can bring value to the table!

fdynasty
Community Member

15 Jobs
2 Interviewing

13 Not interviewing anyone been a week now

I have no issue with not getting hired, but someone should get interviewed or get hired which tells me that I need to improve and send a better proposal next time, however, this is not the case, clients with over 10k spending are showing such activity which blow my mind away.

agree

edesignmk
Community Member

What if:
1. Posting a project costs "10 Connects"
2. New clients receive "10 Connects" for welcome sign-up, and they can post a project actually for "Free" (1 free project)
3. Next project the client should buy 10 connects to post a project, 
- If the project is awarded, 10 connects return to the client's account and he can use them for posting a new project. 
- If the project is not awarded, he needs to buy another 10 connects to post a new project. 
Then I think there will be fewer spamming/ads projects on this platform.

What are your thoughts on this?

To be honest, that's brilliant. 

thats the deal

bc94f1cf
Community Member

still today i also applied the availibilty tag and the boosted option but still experiencing less jobs and aswell fake onces 😞

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members