🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » i want to report a freelancer who hired me fo...
Page options
ae647086
Community Member

i want to report a freelancer who hired me for colding calling and did't pay me he has recied amount

Hi

i wanted to report a freelancer on upwork who hired me for a few jobs on upwork on his upwork account and did't pay me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Anam,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. Could you please send me a private message with more information about this so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Anam Ur Rehman G wrote:

Hi

i wanted to report a freelancer on upwork who hired me for a few jobs on upwork on his upwork account and did't pay me.

If you used Upwork correctly, the above would be very difficult to do.

If you were hired properly with an Upwork contract, "not getting paid" is pretty difficult.

Also, "Freelancers" are the people who do the work. Freelancers don't hire."Clients" hire. 

Can you elaborate what exactly happened so we can uide you what went wrong?

ae647086
Community Member

he hired me for his upwork work and said will pay me 50/50 i have proof aswell

It sounds like you were communicating with a schemer. And it sounds like you were in on the scheme.

There is no such thing as "50/50" on Upwork. If somebody was involving you with that sort of thing, then you were both using Upwork in a way that is NOT intended.

I think you need to learn how to use Upwork properly. You may do that by studying the Help section or past Forum threads. Or by asking questions here.

Please feel free to ask as many questions here in this thread as necessary until you understand what you did incorrectly.

You will not receive money but you will receive something more important: knowledge about how to use the tool correctly and receive money in the future.

i understand can you atleast block him i can proivde evedencie aswell.

re: "i understand can you at least block him?"

YOU can block him. Do not ask anybody else to block him. You need to block him yourself.

Click on his name or photo in the Messages tool. This displays a dropdown menu. Click on the "Block" menu item.

re: "I can provide evidence as well."

The Forum moderator Aleksandar D specifically asked you to click on his name and send him a private message to provide more information about what happened. Communicate directly withhim to provide any evidence.

Thanks

he did not hire me on upwork but the job was on his upwork acount.

re: "He did not hire me on Upwork but the job was on his Upwork acount."

Thank you for providing the additional information.

That is what I thought.

It is important for you to underestand that you may not ask Upwork for help with this matter.

The freelancer you are referring to was probably violating Upwork ToS. If the freelancer involved you with an hourly contract, and wanted to have you do work that he was billing for, then the freelancer was violating Upwork ToS. If the freelancer hired you to work on a fixed-price contract without notifying this client, then the freelancer was violating Upwork ToS.

If you yourself are an Upwork freelancer, then you could have your account suspended or terminated for being involved with such shenanigans.

If you are disappointed with how things turned out, then the only person you can talk to is the freelancer himself. Upwork is not going to help you get money.

If the person who "hired" you is not a freelancer, but is a client... (and you were simpy using the word "freelancer" in a very inaccurate way)... Then you and that client were violating Upwork ToS by arranging to be "hired" off of the platform.

Only contracts created on Upwork itself count.

I am saying all of these things so that I can help you. I don't want you to get into any trouble. I want anybody from Upwork who reads this to NOT penalize you in any way, because you are new and you did not know better. I only want you to receive correct information so that you can use Upwork properly in the future.

But the most important thing you can do to help yourself at this time is to resolve right now that you will not try to get money for the work you did on this project. Promise yourself that you won't ask Upwork to help you get money, and you won't ask the "freelancer" (or client?) to send you money. If you make sure that you don't ask for or receive any money from this project, it will help to make sure you are keeping the rules and not doing anything that Upwork would want to sanction you for.

You may contact with Upwork support ticket with your evidence. Hope you will get a better solution.

Hi Anam,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. Could you please send me a private message with more information about this so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members