Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to report a scam

nkelly3018
Nancy K Member Since: Jul 4, 2016
1 of 5

FREELANCERS BEWARE

i was contacted yesterday by a supposed client who only wanted my bank account information so i could help him/her "transfer" money from one account to another.

I am not sure if UPWORK is going to do anything about this potential problem, but I want everyone to know.

THE original message was from **Edited for Community Guidelines** and the request said the following:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

i then received quite a few texts from this person all day today and he/she finally admitted this was not a legitimate proposal.  FREELANCERS beware. i also have the phone number that was used and plan on reporting this person any way i can.

I have no idea if UPWORK is legitimate or not, but do not be fooled by some of these clients who ask you for your bank account information.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Nancy,

Could you please report the original job post by flagging it or by submitting a ticket to support with details? The team will review and take appropriate actions against the account. We had to remove the details from your Community post as sharing names and private communication is against the Community Guidelines

Thank you for reporting.

~ Valeria
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

re: "I have no idea if UPWORK is legitimate or not, but do not be fooled by some of these clients who ask you for your bank account information."

Thank you for reporting this.

By the way, Upwork is legitimate.

But unfortunately there are bad people who use Upwork, so individuals contractors need to exercise responsibility and be safe by adhering to Upwork's rules and using common sense.

nkelly3018
4 of 5

THANK you for responding so quickly - 

The more posts i read here, the more negative complaints I see. I suppose I will have to determine whether or not Upwork is legitimate if and when I ever get work - until then I have my serious doubts.

nkelly3018
5 of 5
Spoiler

DONE

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS