Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: id verification failed..

soniamohandas
Sonia M Member Since: Jun 22, 2016
1 of 20

Hi,

Anybody pls help me.. I am an indian. My ID verification failed. I had uploaded aadhar card and bank statement of my company. I am the director of the company. The bank statemnt holds company's name instead of me since it is a current account. I dont have a bank account of mine or other utility bills.... Pls help me . My client had released the amount. I am afraid that if i lose that amount because of the failed id verification. 

soniamohandas
2 of 20

Y nobody is replying????????? pls help me

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 20

Calm down!

Is the company your own company? You own or co-own the company and you set up the company bank account? In that case there will be paperwork from the bank showing your name as the account owner. That is what you will need.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 20

Hi Sonia,

I'm sorry but you do need you to upload valid documents as described in this Help article in order to complete ID verification. As stated, your name and address must be visible on the billing statement

Untitled
soniamohandas
5 of 20

can i upload bank statement of my own? but it is not the one i had added in the payment method

soniamohandas
6 of 20

the problem is that for showing our work transactions i can give only companys account in upwork as payment method

mrdanielprice
Community Guru
Daniel P Member Since: Aug 15, 2014
7 of 20

What about a birth certificate or passport? Surely either of those would be suitable to satisfy to Upwork you are who you say you are.

Also, are you sure you don't have a bank account (I know that sounds patronising, but not having a bank account in this day and age is quite uncommon)? How do you pay your bills/rent, etc? Surely you're at least paying someone rent or board, even if you're living with a family member.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 20

How on earth do you get a company bank account but not have a personal one?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
9 of 20

@Jennifer M wrote:

How on earth do you get a company bank account but not have a personal one?

She said she has one, but obviously she used her company's bank statement to register with Upwork.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 20

ooooh I misread then. Cuz I don't think a bank will give you a company account here if you've never had a personal account. You'd at least have a hard time.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS