🐈 Community
narainsagar

if client hires me on my agency profile will the service fee (i.e., 5%) remain same?

Hello Community Members & Gurus,

I have got one question; can anyone please give me answer? Thanks in advance.

Will UpWork service fee on my freelancer profile (i.e., 5%) with my particular client remains same if the client hires me on my agency profile?

I have earned $10k+ with a particular client on my freelancer account and hence my Upwork service fee is reduced to 5% with that particular client. I own an agency account too, I’d like to know if the same client hires me on the agency account, will the Upwork service fee remain at 5% OR It will be 20%?

Also, At the moment my profile is in “Almost Top Rated” status (i.e., 100% of JSS & 10/16 Eligible weeks). After being promoted to “Top Rated”, the service fee will be 0 as per the UpWork policies, so will this also be effected on my agency profile contracts too?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r

Narain S wrote:  After being promoted to “Top Rated”, the service fee will be 0 as per the UpWork policies,

No, it won't be.

Top rated freelancers pay the same service fee as non top rated freelancers, except for new clients they bring to the platform after they already are top rated.

Hi Petra, Thank You.

I think you didn't answer the first question? The real question is not about the top-rated **.

Here it is: "I have earned $10k+ with a particular client on my freelancer account and hence my Upwork service fee is reduced to 5% with that particular client. I own an agency account too, I’d like to know if the same client hires me on the agency account, will the Upwork service fee remain at 5% OR It will be 20%?".

so the fee will start at starting 20% on the agency account?

and re. "except for new clients they bring to the platform after they already are top rated."

Moreover, Can you please also explain this too "... they bring to upwork", Is that means the top-rated freelancers invite them to join upwork and hire him/her? 

Thanks.