Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing profile from elance

vitalii_tron
Vitalii T Member Since: Mar 13, 2017
11 of 17

Hi Valeria,

I have similar problem. Last two years I could not work on Elance due to war in Ukraine. I visited Elance very, very rarely last few years. And recently I have discovered that my Elance profile was hidden...

Please, help me move all my Elance Job History to Upwork. It is extremely important for me! I am highly productive programmer and will pay nice fees to Upwork. 😉

Here is the link to my Elance job history: ​ https://www.elance.com/s/vittron/job­history/?t=1

Thank you!

Faithfully yours,
Vitalii Tron.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 17

Hi Vitalii,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to migrate a profile from Elance to Upwork anymore. The process was completed several months ago. If you improve your Upwork profile by adding more information about your experience, skills, portfolio items and taking a few tests and start sending well-written proposals to jobs you are able to complete, I'm sure you'll be able to win new jobs on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork
bizconc
Ruchi G Member Since: Apr 30, 2017
13 of 17

Hi,

I too have the same problem. I have 38, 5/5 reviews on Elance and 5-digit earnings but had been away for couple of years. I had clicked on the migration link when i got the mail but due to some reason it did not migrate and i did not pursue the problem at that time.

It would be great if you can provide another small window of 2-weeks or so for people who have been left out before Elance finally closes down.

Thanks

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
14 of 17

Hi Ruchi,

As Valeria has mentioned in the comment below, unfortunately the migration process is over.
You can start fresh here, here is information about Getting started here. And detail explanation on how to make a 100% complete profile.

~ Goran
Upwork
jperezjacome
Jorge Perez J Member Since: Jul 13, 2017
15 of 17

I have the same problem, i.e, was working full time on a company for the last 3 years. Now I no longer work there, it's time to become a freelancer again. I come back to find out that elance has moved to UpWork. 

I got some excellent reviews from 2013, I NEED TO SOMEHOW SHOW THEM HERE. 

If the automatic migration problem is closed, is there a way to bring them manually, and to let the users trust them? 

Is there a way to contact the people for which we worked and make them sign that the reviews are real? 

Not having the reviews means starting again, nobody is going to believe us!

I certainly don't want to start offering complex work for $50, if I already had one for $3,500 before...

Let's do something! 

Ideas???

Thanks. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

cartrellgeneral
Community Guru
Catherine M Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
16 of 17

Hi Jorge,

There is nothing that can be done. You can not move your elance accounts now. I did not bring over my account and I am doing just fine. Starting over wasn't hard at all. You just have to sell yourself and skills.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
17 of 17

Hi Jorge,

As we've already confirmed on this thread, the time frame for migrating accounts and information from Elance unfortunately has passed. One option you have is to take a screenshot of your profile and feedback history on Elance and include it in your Upwork profile Portfolio.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS