» Forums » Freelancers » inactively open contract
Page options
lil-pharoh
Community Member

inactively open contract

Hi, i have an inactively open contract :
the job is completed successfully :white_heavy_check_mark:
, i got paid :white_heavy_check_mark:
, the client left a really good feedback and 5 star review :white_heavy_check_mark:
, but he might need extra  graphic design assist  for his website , so the contract is in an inactivity status .

would it impact my job success score or i have to close it ? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mahmoud R wrote:

do the open contract (paid , feedback and review given and satisfied client) which can be found on my "in progress section" impact my job success score , or i have to end it in order to be counted ?  

It has to be ended to count towards your metrics, but you need the client to end it if you want it to "count" - the "interim" feedback does not count towards anything. If your client ends the contract, the feedback they leave will count.

Obviously you can end it yourself, but if the client doesn't leave feedback in that case, the contract won't count towards your metrics, which is why it is better to encourage the client to end the contract.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG

Hi Mahmoud,

You can choose to end your contract at any time. Typically, freelancers wait for the client to end a contract, make any final payments, and leave feedback. Unless there is feedback left on a contract, it will not affect your Job Success Score.  You can learn more about how JSS is calculated here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

i think you didn't get my question , or i wasn't able to demonestrate the problem correctly that's on me sorry :') ....... what am asking is : do the open contract (paid , feedback and review given and satisfied client) which can be found on my "in progress section" impact my job success score , or i have to end it in order to be counted ?  

Mahmoud R wrote:

do the open contract (paid , feedback and review given and satisfied client) which can be found on my "in progress section" impact my job success score , or i have to end it in order to be counted ?  

It has to be ended to count towards your metrics, but you need the client to end it if you want it to "count" - the "interim" feedback does not count towards anything. If your client ends the contract, the feedback they leave will count.

Obviously you can end it yourself, but if the client doesn't leave feedback in that case, the contract won't count towards your metrics, which is why it is better to encourage the client to end the contract.

Thanks Ms. Petra ! ..... it's all crystal clear . 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members