cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inactivity issue with many clients

frodoe7
Ahmed M Member Since: Jul 30, 2017
1 of 2

many of clients I work with , after they take their work - I request to end the contract

then there's no activity from them - they do not respond to my request

if they do not accept the request from their side (the request may be pending forever) - does Upwork will give me the money of this contract ??

is it recommended to not give the client his work , before ending the contract ?

louisaj
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 2

Hi Ahmed,

Always wait for the client to pay you before ending the contract. There is no sense in ending a contract if you have no money from that job. 

If you are on a fixed contract, Upwork will release the funds 14 days after you submit the work IF you don't keep pressing the submit button. (It resets the day count to zero if you press it again)

If you are on an hourly contract, if you used the tracker, you will be paid 10 days after the end of that week's timesheets are submitted to Upwork. (Which happens automatically).

So wait until you get paid, and if you wish to end the contract, end the contract, give feedback, and maybe, you never know, they may give you feedback too. (I wouldn't bet on it with unresponsive clients)

Best wishes,

Louisa 

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS