cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inquiry

Ma Elizabeth M Member Since: Nov 6, 2014
1 of 8

Dear Odeksk,

Last 2011, i signed in as a freelancer, my name is Ma. Elizabeth Macarubbo. I was not active. I jut want to know if i can register again.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 8

Welcome back, Ma Elizabeth!

You don't need to re-register since you already have an account with oDesk and you can use it. You will just need to complete your profile, make it public if you want to and start applying for jobs. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
3 of 8

You may want to bring your profile picture into compliance with the rules here, as well.

Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
4 of 8

i'm not entirely sure that's her profile pic actually. the way the forum displays information is - to put it mildly - quirky.

what i'm saying is, what you might be looking at is the forum poster's "about me" page in the community, not her freelancer profile.

and that's the weird thing. when i click on other forum posters' names the results aren't consistent. sometimes i get their freelancer profile, other times i get their "about me" page.

what's up with that, oDesk? or is it just me?

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 8

Hi Junelle and others,

If a user's oDesk profile is public, you will be able to access it by clicking on the person's name on the forums. However, if it's private, you will be redirected to their forum profile, just like in the old forums it would redirect to the Help Center. Ma Elizabeth's profile is private and she hasn't added a picture yet and that's the reason it displays the way it does.

There are some inconsistencies or features that need to be added or improved, such as quotes, smileys and others. We are aware or them and do our best to make this new Community as convenient and pleasant for you to use as possible. And we very much appreciate your reports, feedback and patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
6 of 8

thanks Valeria!

okay, so the question now is: are you saying we have no control over this?

because i just found out that the "send private message" feature is working. so what if i wanted to send a PM to, say, Marissa S. - who has a public (or at least visible to oDesk users who're logged in) profile, what do i do to contact her?

i know you mentioned you're aware of the "inconsistencies or features that need to be added or improved," just wanted to make sure you had this under "others." Smiley Wink

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
7 of 8

Thanks Junelle. Yes, we're aware of the differences in profiles and the options that come along with that (adding as a friend, messaging, etc.). This will be something we work to address in a future upgrade to the forums, to provide you with a relatively consistent experience, while still making the most of the Community features we have available with the new platform.

Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
8 of 8

Hi Ma.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS